Today I switched my pedal's battery, before I had a cheap korean one and now I haz an Energizer, I think it now has more mids, can batteries effect tone? Its a Cool Cat Trans OD btw.

BTW, I compared the Energizer to a full korean no name battery, to make sure the difference wasn't just the old battery being at like 10% power.
Yes. I personally think there is a pretty big difference.

I personally like duracell over energizer...

Duracell has a smoother top and and accents the mids differently than energizer imo
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Yes. I personally think there is a pretty big difference.

I personally like duracell over energizer...

Duracell has a smoother top and and accents the mids differently than energizer imo

i personally prefer these 'antec rechargeable premium plus' batteries. boosted mids and low end with a chimy top end. excellent batteries for excellent tone.

but seriously OP did you ever consider the korean battery was runnin out?
^^Yeah, it's really cool what tone you get when your batteries start dying. The EHX Germanium OD or whatever it is has a knob that mimics a dying battery or something like that. I might be wrong, but that's what I seem to remember. Cool stuff.
Gear:
Fender USA Standard Strat
1972 Aria "Lawsuit" Les Paul

Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb w/Randall cab
Traynor YCV40

Effects: (working on it..)
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
BOSS DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
1978 MXR Dist.+
Quote by jimzer
i personally prefer these 'antec rechargeable premium plus' batteries. boosted mids and low end with a chimy top end. excellent batteries for excellent tone.

but seriously OP did you ever consider the korean battery was runnin out?

I was being serious...
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
@ jimzer

Quote by MadAudioMan
Today I switched my pedal's battery, before I had a cheap korean one and now I haz an Energizer, I think it now has more mids, can batteries effect tone? Its a Cool Cat Trans OD btw.

BTW, I compared the Energizer to a full korean no name battery, to make sure the difference wasn't just the old battery being at like 10% power.
Fuzzes are especially sensitive to batteries, I like the really cheap walgreens alkalines. It's not much of a difference, admittedly, but it's fun to play with.
If you're dealing with an IC based circuit (ie most OD/Dirt boxes) you won't hear much difference unless the voltages are vastly different (and yes... even when new some batteries will be way under spec. I've used dirt cheap AA batteries in a digital camera once that started out with a voltage under 1v; nowhere near the supposed 1.5v.)

However with a germanium transistor circuit you can notice a difference; not massive but it is there. Assuming the voltage is the same you basically have 2 different "types" alkaline and zinc carbon.. The former "tighter" and "clearer" the latter "looser" and "fuzzier" in general..

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Also it could simply be you're hearing the differnce between a dying battery and a new one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com