No idea at all what it is, i just wrote it
And if this is the wrong thread, don't be all dicky about it being in the wrong thread.

E| -----------------------------------------------
B| -----------------------------------------------
G| -----------------------------------------------
D| -----------------------------------------------
A| -------7----5-----7------------3-------------
D| --0-0--0-0--0-0-----0h3h5----------------

and

E| ---------------------------------------------------
B| ---------------------------------------------------
G| ---------------------------------------------------
D| -------------------5-------------------------------
A| ------7----5--7------------------------------------
D| -0-0--0-0--0--------------------------------------

* = pm

Thanks if you could help!
EDIT: the * wasn't in line
Most of the D notes on the low d are palm muted, except the one that has the hammer on bit
Last edited by robotz! at Dec 11, 2009,
You cant work out a time signature without knowing what the note values are; 8ths, 16ths, triplets etc.
ahh k
well..the first tab its all 8ths except the hammer on bit, thats 16ths,.. there is a quater not in between
and the 2nd tab
its 8ths except the last 3 notes which are each an 8th plus a 16th

botEDIT, its just experimenting, but i'd like to know which time signature it is
Thanks
Last edited by robotz! at Dec 11, 2009,
Unless we know the exact rhythm, because atm you could be adding rests but we wouldn't know, we can't tell you the time signature.
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
Your explanation is too vague. It'd be easier if you just gave us the note values in order for each
Check out my band Disturbed
That made so little sense...I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that the first one is 11/8 (it almost certainly isn't), and I don't know what to make of the second one given your description...
Well you'd need to add a few more note values onto the 1st one, because it looks like 3/4 time, or if you take one of the 16ths out it would be a fairly normal 4/4 time.

Just work in bars; the bottom number is the value of the notes used, and the top number is how many there are in each bar.
So 4/4 time is literally 4 4th (quarter) notes in a bar. 3/4 is 3 4th notes in a bar etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_signature#An_example
thats a useful article for explaining it better, or download powertab software for free and you can put your own riffs into it and check time sigs.
Its a complex world trying to learn how they all work