Page 1 of 3
whats your favourite and why? what type of brew is it and wheres it from?
whats your favourite foreign beer?
also have you home brewed and how were your results?
interesting beer facts and trivia.
all things beer!
newcastle is my favorite beer from a big company. bar none. the best ever though?

..would have to go with the Hauffenbrau(?) home brew at the Hauffenbrau beer hall in Munich
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
jupiler, belgian beer
Höhner llx100g
Gibson explorer
crappy stagg acoustic
Roland dac80d
marshall jcm 900 sl-x 2500
marshall 1960A
ehx metal-muff
jimmy hendrix wah
my all time favourite beer is coopers sparkling ale from southern australia, thick and heavy with lots of sediment.
ottakringer is my favourite foreign beer, i drank lots of it whilst i was in austria, and it is unrivaled to any beer i tasted whilst overseas.
Being in college, I have consumed far too much crap beer (Busch, Natty, etc.) which gives beer a bad name. But the other night, my buddy goes "here, I'm done with this" and hands me a half-empty bottle of a beer that I could not make out the label of (it was dark) which was still cold. And it was one of the most amazing things I have ever tasted. Apparently, it had some sort of blueberry flavoring that made it so good.

That being said, the abundance of kegs filled with Busch at the parties I go to is astounding. It's forcing me to consume either hard liquor or super girls drinks. The latter is causing me to develop a reputation.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I live in Belgium, so I can choose from the most wide array of beers in the world. Most of the time. For normal 5,2% beer, I like Jupiler the most. In the stronger range, I love Duvel and Karmeliet.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
I like Porin Karhu the best >: D it's a Finnish, deep tasting lager, and it's bad-ass! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fi/4/46/Karhu.gif I mean, c'mon, just look at the logo! (Karhu means 'Bear' in finnish.) From the imported / international beers Heineken and Dark Velcopopovich Közel are my favorites.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Cooper's Sparkling, no exceptions.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I've had only ever had half a coopers, and my numb, drunken tastebuds hated the shit out of that crap.

I don't remember which Coopers it was, but I think it may have had a green label.
I go for the kind of British real ale that has names like 'Taunton Rape Party' or 'Child-Beating Home Special.'
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Butt Rayge
I've had only ever had half a coopers, and my numb, drunken tastebuds hated the shit out of that crap.

I don't remember which Coopers it was, but I think it may have had a green label.

That would've been Pale, also an excellent beer. It's definitely an acquired taste

I remember on Dom Jolly's Happy Hour when he visited Australia, he went to the Larrimah Bar out in the middle of the outback, drank all these beers like VB, Carlton, Ted's and shit, then when he had a sip of Cooper's he spat it out everywhere

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I live in the upstate NY region,and luckily there are several very nice micro-breweries near me like Lake Placid,Magic Hat,Saranac,and Otter's Creek.All of these companies happen to make very fine varieties of ale,and those are definitely my favorite.I can't stand pilsner,lager,and the lighter beers,which dominate the American beer market,but luckily there's still some decent brew out there.

I guess what I'm saying is that I like any dark,heavy,and full flavored beer that has a lot of hops and is low on carbonation.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Dec 11, 2009,
Jupiler and Duvel
I'm Belgian and therefore don't drink a lot of foreign beer, but Carlsberg's good
and now for something completely different..
Quote by Zero-Hartman
That would've been Pale, also an excellent beer. It's definitely an acquired taste

I remember on Dom Jolly's Happy Hour when he visited Australia, he went to the Larrimah Bar out in the middle of the outback, drank all these beers like VB, Carlton, Ted's and shit, then when he had a sip of Cooper's he spat it out everywhere

, I don't blame him.
Quote by yourmatejosh
whats your favourite and why?
also have you home brewed and how were your results?

My favorite beers are white beers/wheat beers ("Weißbier", "Witbier). They are brewed with a significant proportion of wheat (unlike most lagers/pils, which are usually malt only). Example are Weihenstephan, Hoegaarden, Paulaner..
I also like Belgian Geuzes which are flavored (kriek etc..). There's a beer called "Kasteel rouge" which is flavored with sour cherries and contains 8% alcohol, it's tasty.
I don't really like pils/lagers. I also think that they all taste too much the same. There really ain't much difference between Carlsberg, Heineken, Tuborg, Becks etc..

Also, Corona is way overrated. They just have good advertising, same as for Absolut vodka.

I tried something related to home brewing once. I mixed sugar, water and standard bread yeast for a week in an airtight container. I guess it reached about 5%. I freeze-distilled it and It got to ~15%. Tasted like "yeast wine", reminiscent of bread, which was OK. We mostly had laughs sampling it at school
ॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐ
Quote by dannyisokay
It's our little online utopia where we smoke with folks from the far corners of the world and say things like "I'm high, heheehehe."

Quote by Ed Hunter

Thoughts about new naked airport scanner?

^
Quote by nightraven
brb applying for job at airport

Last edited by nutmeg_trippin' at Dec 11, 2009,
Jail Ale, it's a local brew where I live. Tasty!
Most of Badger's ales are good. The one with honey in is rank.
For lager, I like stella, but I've found this cheaper stella clone (The can looks ridiculously like the real thing), and it tastes just like real stella. So why waste money!

To the home brewing question; my dad tried it, that stuff was awful, far too yeasty. My friend tried it, got it a little better, but it was flat within a couple of days, so having a whole keg of it to finish off was pretty gross. It didn't taste fantastic to begin with though, so...
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Dec 11, 2009,
Quote by Go Square Go!

All other opinions are wrong.

That's the only beer I had when I was in Europe and it was fantastic.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Kronenburg is tasty, but I like my drinks to feel like they were brewed in a dark forest at midnight by two dozen hairy-armed sailors...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by gorrath
jupiler, belgian beer

~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
flying dog in-heat wheat ale
goose island 312 urban wheat ale
leinenkugel sunset wheat ale

i love pale ales. i love lagers. but if i had to go with absolute favorite, it'd be one of those three.
#DTWD
This thread needs more aussies.

Anyway, is it true that in the UK you drink warm beer?

Cause that shit is nasty.
Quote by Butt Rayge
This thread needs more aussies.

Anyway, is it true that in the UK you drink warm beer?

Cause that shit is nasty.

It depends what you mean. We dont drink lagers etc warm, but some British ales are awesome warm.
Ah okay. I've never had a british ale.

And lager is just about all we have over here. When it's warm, it's liquid death.
i find this strange... a thread of beer shows up and within minutes several belgian people replied...

I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THERE WERE MORE BELGIANS ON THIS FORUM

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by Butt Rayge
Ah okay. I've never had a british ale.

And lager is just about all we have over here. When it's warm, it's liquid death.

Yeah. I think when a lot of people say we have 'warm' beer...they don't realise that it tastes completely different to lager. Fridge-temp ale isn't that nice, really. Just like warm lager isn't that nice.
It's all about the Newcastle Brown. I also drink a lot of lager but i never really mind which it is unless it's carlsberg, fosters or carling.
I'm so psyched, tonight I'm having a glorious reunion with LA FIN DU MONDE. Usually I drink Stella Artois or Red Stripe when I have money and Rolling Rock or PBR when I don't. I've recently gotten into Smithwick's, too.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by numinis
i find this strange... a thread of beer shows up and within minutes several belgian people replied...

I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THERE WERE MORE BELGIANS ON THIS FORUM

I noticed this too.
On topic: Jupiler and Grimbergen.
Dommelsch

It's a Dutch pilsener, but lacks the hangover Heineken has and has more character than most Belgian pilsners.
For heavier beers I vote LaTrappe Quadruppel. The only Official Dutch Trappist.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
My favorite beers are ales, by far, my preferences being porters, stouts, and Belgian Tripels.

I also homebrew. I've done several batches, the best of which have probably been a Guinness clone, a Belgian Tripel, and a dopplebock (with ale yeast rather than lager yeast).
Hi, I'm Peter
IPA's, IPA's, IPA's and IPA's.

I also homebrew. My best being my ESB, Pale ale and IPA.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Go Square Go!

All other opinions are wrong.

You have no taste. Not even joking.
Quote by pak1351

and my cheap beer

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Page 1 of 3