Looking to hear what you guys think...

Recorded in Afghanistan with very rudimentary setup, so cut us a little slack with quality. Songs now are basically rough drafts of what will be re-recorded and perfected. Almost everything was done in one take and stitched together as best possible. Drums are made through BeatCraft. Slow breakdown is off by exactly 1 beat, which was realized after it was cut & pasted and then saved.

Tips on recording/writing and helpful criticism are appreciated! Thanks!

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/widowsofwar/
Last edited by widowsofwar1 at Dec 11, 2009,
make sure you listen through headphones if you have the choice, because the eq was adjusted through headphones!
The singing felt really out of time. And i can see what the idea was during the harsh vocals but im not sure really it sounded weird.

Reminds me of the band Flaw. They sounded very similar to this style. Actually to the voice as well. Check em out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV6DsEgds3k&feature=related

Good ideas, and i think with a better recording it will be much better to properly criticise. Good luck guys and keep up your music.

And lastly. C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1194521

Download my bands demo @www.radamanthys.com
Last edited by Chaosinborn at Dec 12, 2009,
I liked it, vocals were out of time like said already but apart from that... pretty kick ass.
Pashtuns rule...

Thanks guys, we are all relatively new to recording our own stuff, and even so, I'm not sure how good we could get it out here.
It were okay! The vocals are a bit off, but otherwise it's kinda good!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
appreciate the responses, i'm the vocalist and i was curious about the out of time thing for the vocals, i just messed around with the vocals for a little while and as far as i can tell they aren't out of time if you could give some specific phrases or is it the whole thing?
Quote by widowsofwar2
appreciate the responses, i'm the vocalist and i was curious about the out of time thing for the vocals, i just messed around with the vocals for a little while and as far as i can tell they aren't out of time if you could give some specific phrases or is it the whole thing?

I mostly noticed it in the beginning, the vox didnt go well with the guitars starting the song off in the background. thought it would have sounded better had it started in a slow bit of the song but apart from that, you got a real unique voice and sound... sounded great also considering the circumstances of the recording like.

edit: THAT being said, only real problem was the volume of the vocals.

edit 1: Also, I cant find your other songs.
Last edited by DamagedLegion at Dec 13, 2009,
hey man, i really appreciate the response.... i kind of figured the part that was off was the first phrase, i never did like how it flowed. the vocal levels blow because the room i recorded them in had terrible acoustics, so i turned the levels down to dull the plosives and the echo. also, the reason you can't find the other song is because the my guitarist deleted it because i effed up on the mixing and made the bass retarded loud so we took it off so people didn't think we just sucked. overall the quality is better than ode to the grave and if you want to hear it and give some criticism, my email is ampegasus@gmail.com and if you send me a message i'll send you the other song, creed of a saint. again, thank you for the response, extremely helpful stuff.