Page 1 of 2
First up,

The new RGD series.

Secondly, the new S-series (yes people, 24 frets)

Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
And The new RG's

The new RGA's

And the rest!

Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Last edited by SquierLolz at Dec 11, 2009,
At last an 24 fret 7 string S series! Thats on my shopping list for 2010.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Those new RGDs look bloody awful. It is nice to see Ibanez messing with their styling again though. There are still tonnes of traditional RGs on the used market, so why not do something new?

One guitar they need to bring to North America is the AR series. This ART stuff just doesn't cut it for me and I don't wanna shell out $2000+ for an AR2000 reissue.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Oh my God. I love the new RGD7, I must have one. An RG with an S series trem in it? Yes please!
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Got major wood from seeing the new S's and Rg's, even though, the new inlaiys can't beat the traditional ones, and the new S inlay is pretty dumb (even though it's better than the horrible seagull-like shape in, for instance S-470). The RGD also looked pretty interesting... can't freakin' wait to get my hands on these babies! >: D
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I personally love the RGD series and will probaly sell some of my guitars to buy one (now let's pray ibanez doesnt **** it up with edge III's) not that an Edge III will stop me from buying
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Dog454
Oh my God. I love the new RGD7, I must have one. An RG with an S series trem in it? Yes please!

Those are the Edge zero's, not the ZR
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
(now let's pray ibanez doesnt **** it up with edge III's) not that an Edge III will stop me from buying

True, the Edge III has it's problems... better though than most license FR's, that's for sure!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
i can't confirm this is everything, i just found these on jem site and thought i'd post them here.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Is it just me, or does that first RG look like it's got a carved top?

If so, SWEET!
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
^thanks for pointing that out, that's not an rg, it's an RGA
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
The RGA has an archtop and the mid cut switch.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Whats the difference between an RG and an RGA?

Rg's have flat tops, rga's have arched (is that the right word?). Also, I think most RGA's have fixed bridges, whereas RGs more often have floating trems.
Gear:

Ashton AG200,
Looks like Ibanez is giving the RGA an Edge III now though.

Gotta love when Ibanez is feeling experimental. Get one of those RGDs and keep it. I'll bet in 10 years they'll be rare. Probably not worth jack, but rare.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I love the rgd's

Buy one, use it and then if you ever get famous you can make it your super awesome signature
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
I personally love the RGD series and will probaly sell some of my guitars to buy one (now let's pray ibanez doesnt **** it up with edge III's) not that an Edge III will stop me from buying

You don't have to get the Edge III, you can spend a little more for the Prestige with the Edge Zero. The RGD2120Z is a must-buy for me. I love the silver Caparison-esque finish. The Edge Zero is my favorite bridge ever and the Wizard Prestige neck is my favorite neck of all time. I just hope it isn't basswood since I already have a Prestige RG with the same trem. Even if it is basswood, I can't get over the sex-appeal. I'm definitely getting it.

I also hear that they're not going to be using the Edge Pro anymore. They switched to the Edge Zero so the older RG1550Ms and RG1570s will maybe go on clearance soon. That explains why Ibanez offered the $100 rebate on the RG1570s for so long.

Anyone know when these go on sale?
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Dec 11, 2009,
^i don't like the selector placement of the prestige's
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
S Series 7 string ;D
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
The S series 7 string with 24 frets... Do want.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I'm not liking the Ibanez 2010 tbh, I'm into hardtails so!

Otherwise they look hawt, Ibanezy and still new!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
More RG and S crap. Not interested. It's time for Ibanez to finally go focus on their hollowbodies again, which were actually really good. But the RG and S never pleased me tonally and esthetically.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by SquierLolz

The first 2 rgds look like a EDGE iii's
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
RGD's are amazing. Nice break from the traditional Rg. Adds some style and curvature to it.
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
I daresay chaps....

*fap*

The 7 string S series looks hawt but both my gutars are Ibanez's so I might branch out a wee bit.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
The fret marks on the RGD series are hideous. Those look like the check marks from a dingbat font.
non-prestige S series with 24 frets?

oh do want.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Page 1 of 2