Ok, so, you probably know how in the metal / rock world there are bands that are generally accepted and not frowned upon, like Lamb of God, Arch Enemy, Mastodon etc... bands that not everyone likes, but that no one really can trash... and then there are the debatable bands like DragonForce, Killswitch Engage, Alter Bridge that can make people say, "lol, you into that crap?". So, my question is, do you guys think All That Remains is one of the latter category?
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Lamb of God are 'frowned upon' in the metal forum, despite the fact that they're goddamned awesome.

But yeah ATR (despite being melodeath in the early days then jumping ship) belong in hardcore. There's probably a thread for them in there.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Df and Kse are enjoyable; not more
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
LoG, Arch Enemy(sometimes) and Mastodon are generally frowned upon. Not so much in UG but in other places yes.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Alrite, sorry for the wrong forum ^^ but really, are the bands I said generally frowned upon? I thought they weren't... I feel damn dumb right now <:
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I think ATR is ok. But I don't really like it. It's too.. happy? Also most metalcore riffs are happy and so sad the sametime. I don't enjoy that really in metal scene. I like agressive theme, example pantera.
Quote by The^Unforgiven
Alrite, sorry for the wrong forum ^^ but really, are the bands I said generally frowned upon? I thought they weren't... I feel damn dumb right now <:

Don't worry about it too much. Shouldn't let trivial stuff like that bother you. It's mostly the elitists who despise them but they really aren't bad.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Dec 11, 2009,
Quote by xbitmetal
I think ATR is ok. But I don't really like it. It's too.. happy? Also most metalcore riffs are happy and so sad the sametime. I don't enjoy that really in metal scene. I like agressive theme, example pantera.

Yeah, because nothing says agressive like Phil Anselmo prancing around like an angsty teenager...
Quote by xbitmetal

Yeah, I like shouty shouty sweary I-beat-my-wife stuff too.
you guys are mean. I'm ok with it though, as long as it's funny, which it always is.

Personally, I think that All That Remains' This Darkened Heart is one of the best metalcore albums I've ever heard. I bought it years ago, and I still listen to it regularly. Focus Shall Not Fail is one of my favorite pump-up songs.
The Fall of Ideals is better and yeah, it's great for pumping up and getting testosterones running

I AM NOT THE WEAK WILLED.
I AM NOT A FOOL WHO CAN NOT SEE
I AM NOT THE WEAK WILLED
I WILL NOT LET PRIDE DESTROY MEEE!!
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Sir, I respectfully disagree. I think that the riffing and vocals are both better on This Darkened Heart. Fall of Ideals is good, but it's not nearly as memorable for me personally.
Quote by Nafon

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.