Page 1 of 2
I hate how they fellate Bob Dylan even when he sucks. He writes good lyrics, I'd love to be able to understand them.

Edit: I'm talking about latter-day Bob Dylan, no one kill me.
All the hiphop tracks on that list are mint, but why have they only picked shite rock songs?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Let's see...we got Sigur Ros, My Morning Jacket, Death Cab, Phoenix, The Shins, Sufjan Stevens and The Postal Service. I think it's ridiculous that Animal Collective wasn't on the list at all. The Appleseed Cast's "Mare Vitalis" deserved a spot on the list as well.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Heyyy Sigur rós is a god band. From Iceland! Like i am
"The difference between a man who has six children and a man who has six guitars? The man with six children KNOWS he has enough!"

AC/DC Rule and You know it!
I think I have like 3 of those. And 2 of those, only because I copied some of my brother's mp3 collection.
i agree with very few of them
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
I think the only song I agree with in the top 10, and possibly on the whole list is Eminem's Stan. Seriously, Lady Gaga? Missy Elliot? KELIS?!?!?!? I understand pop music has it's place, and I'm not bashing it, but there is no way that list comes anywhere near the top 100 songs of the decade.

EDIT:

Quote by tyler_j
Doesn't compare to my 'one song per day' blog.
http://2000songs.wordpress.com/

/shameless plug

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Dec 11, 2009,
Well, Is This It is number two. Should be one imo.
And at least Gillian Welch made the Top 100 albums! There is hope!

And RS, could you hump Radiohead's leg any more?
I like them, but some of their stuff isn't "innovating and a new era." Some of it's just Thom Yorke ejaculating obscure lyrics in a hazy voice over boring electronica instrumentation i.e. Kid A.
In Rainbows on the other hand rocked.

Quote by dantheguitarist
I hate how they fellate Bob Dylan even when he sucks. He writes good lyrics, I'd love to be able to understand them.

Edit: I'm talking about latter-day Bob Dylan, no one kill me.

From Time Out of Mind to his newest release is considered by fans and critics to be the strongest point his career post-1960s. So you know.
Pot
Kettle
Black
Last edited by A Rolling Stone at Dec 11, 2009,
50 Cent- In Da Club. The list is automatically crap. Brtiney Spears? WTF it says best songs not songs that are popular among teenagers who listen to anything but good music.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

If I ever wanted to or needed to rip my eyes out but lacked the motivation I'd buy a copy of Rolling Stone.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Last edited by Zangetsu 101 at Dec 11, 2009,
I don't think I saw think I saw a single metal or hardcore song on that entire list.

Way to overlook entire genres.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
*actually largely agreed with the top ten albums*
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
*actually largely agreed with the top ten albums*

I actually agreed with almost everything, especially the albums. Just because I don't like some of it doesn't mean it wasn't hugely influential.
"Crazy" was alright, but best song of the decade?

Double you tee eff.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Paper Planes and Gold Digger were the only decent songs I saw in the first link...
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Does Rolling Stone even care about music any more?

Correct answer: no

Take these lists with a grain of salt. It's more about money than music.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by The Charm
I don't think I saw think I saw a single metal or hardcore song on that entire list.

Way to overlook entire genres.

yeah, but what do you expect from RS?

Decent list. As in, maybe a quarter of them deserve to be on there, a quarter of them are good but not top 100 of the decade good, and the rest are WTF.

still, better than Pitchfork.
Quote by lushacrous
Does Rolling Stone even care about music any more?

Correct answer: no

Why do you say that?
Quote by Rolling Stone comments
The systematic snubbing of Nickelback by this magazine is further proof of how out of touch Rolling Stone is from true followers of real rock and roll. No one blends heavy riffs and hooks with sage-like lyrics like Chad. Nickelback has 3 of the top 25 albums of ALL TIME, never mind the 00's. Get real. Listening to their music without getting goosebumps is impossible. Time will tell - Legends in the making. Rock on boys.

...k....
I thought they were good lists, most of the people that disagree are probably crying because the list isn't full of Dream Theater.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by goest
...k....

"Tool is a Nickleback wannabe"

and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
not awful lists but I can't get why they'd put the hold steady's almost killed me on there when its probably the weakest of their records.
Quote by GC Shred Off
Why do you say that?

It's pretty obvious how corporatized (I just created that word) it has become. It's pretty much exactly the MTV route: sure they mention music every once and a while, but now it's mostly just a pop culture thing. As I said before, it's not about music, it's about money.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

THE F*CK IS ST ANGER?
After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Rolling Stone lists are always horrible. Just stop paying attention to them and maybe they'll go away.
kill all humans
You guys know they only make lists like this to generate controversy on purpose so they can increase their sales/pageviews while simultaneously doing almost no work, right?

SHEdit: ^

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I don't even know half of them and 25 percent is crap...
Quote by fretsofthebeast
*grabs rifle*
so let it be written so let it be done..........

Quote by SOADrox429
You shouldn't hit your drummers. You're supposed to be nice to them, or they'll be scared of you.
Quote by codyadamscea
I am surprised my the lack of any Muse songs or albums.

This.... I thought they would be in a top 100 atleast.
im gonna take the side of Rolling Stone. im a fan of metal, i know there won't be any on there, im fine with that. i think these songs are more of cultural significance.

Plus its like, Rolling Stone is Rolling Stone. its a "cultured and hip" magazine. of course theres gonna be the Shins or MGMT on there, its that type of magazine.
M.I.A made it onto both lists. Thus, said lists are invalid and stupid.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I told her I was late,
I had another date.
I can't get off on a Rolling Stone
But the rub on stink is great!

I knew she was easy, easy... Easy meat!

No seriously, those sucked.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Page 1 of 2