I have a few pedals and have been playing for about 6 years but I never delved into rack effects. How do they work exactly? I want to get a nice MBV sound so I was thinking of getting a Yamaha SPX90.

http://www.chrisguitars.com/yam-spx90-0810.jpg

How do you plug this in exactly? I have a Vox AC15.

Is it oversimplifying by presuming I can go from guitar > input > (right of left output) into the input on my amp?
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
sorry, forgive me, but what is that exactly?
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
on the back of your amp their should be a SEND and RETURN jacks. SEND the signal to the INPUT of the rack and the OUTPUT of the rack back to the RETURN on the amp.
so do I even really need a "rack" if I am not doing this in a live situation? Can't I just plug the rack effect into the power, have it on a desk or something and hook it up as you explained? Purely for recording/practice?
Quote by sashki
nope. i've seen people just sit rack effects on top of their guitar head without having a rack case. wouldn't advise doing it once you start gigging though
well, that sounds pretty balls to the wall awesome.

I thank you for your help.

Once again, apologies for the noob questions. I feel down right retarded asking some of these questions after playing for 6 years :P
Quote by sashki