ok basically I am looking at getting a stomp box for christmas, ideally the Boss OD 3, i hate the amp i have and am looking to get one next year

but I still have a question

those who have played a line 6, as u know it has 4 different channels, clean, crunch, metal, insane etc

basically, when I plug the pedal into the amp, does it just work from the amp? or do i have to keep changing the channels on the amp

also, do FX pedals work with Line 6 15 Watt? stupid question I know but I'm a noob with pedals and effects and shit lmao

cheers
I wouldn't start investing in pedals until you get a new amp. Spiders don't take pedals well (meaning that they sound like poo when you try to use external effects).
As above. Spiders hate any effects, apart from their own. It's like they're xenophobic.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
Eurgh. No. Just no. Did you hear that buzz!? It also sounded very, very digitised. It was horrid.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
Quote by richard_edwards
Eurgh. No. Just no. Did you hear that buzz!? It also sounded very, very digitised. It was horrid.

It's recorded on some shitty camera so it's gonna sound like crap.

And TS pedals will work with it of course, most of the fools here would have you believe pedals kill themselves if you put them into a moddeling amp ¬_¬
invest into new amp, new pedals won't make it sound better

the youtube link sounded horrible
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Ignoring all the ongoing discussion about FX pedals into modeling amps...

You said that you hate your amp. Getting a pedal is just a small patch for what seems to be a big problem. I say save your money and get that new amp first. Then, if you STILL don't like your tone, look for pedals such as that Boss overdrive to SHAPE your tone. Having a good amp as the foundation for a good tone is the best route to take.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Effects pedals work independantly from the amp (Unless it's a controller pedal that's made for the amp, like the sanpera I and sanpera II for the Peavey vypyr).

So let's say you have a distortion pedal plugged into your amp. And the amp is on a clean channel. When you turn the distortion pedal on, the amp STAYS ON THE CLEAN CHANNEL, but the sound that comes out of the speaker is distorted because the distortion pedal distorts the signal (instead of the amp).

Hope this helps.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Dec 11, 2009,
yeaa cheers man

yea guys basically, my parents cant afford an amp for me for christmas unfortunately, but for my birthday next year they can, so I might aswell just get the pedals now, I've played a Boss OD 3 and I love it, all i wanted to know was how it worked into my shitty practice amp :P
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I wouldn't start investing in pedals until you get a new amp. Spiders don't take pedals well (meaning that they sound like poo when you try to use external effects).

^^^ Hes right ive got experience with this. Just dont do it.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50