Well, its been annoying me for a while now.

No matter how I EQ, I can't get past the fizz on my jcm 2000 dsl 100 when I turn the gain past 4.

even if i put the treble on 0, I find there is still this ANNOYING fizzy overtone.

But instead of buying a new amp, I wana get this fixed. Because I do love this amp. It just feel like its a 'un-finnished' amp.

I was thinking of starting by getting some Groove Tubes GT-EL34-M, to see if they make a difference to this fizz, if not I still get a more 60s-70s-ish sound.

I'm got this amp because its suppose to be versatile, it is, apart from the fact that fizz ruins any hi-gain sound I get.

I've tried Getting a OD pedal (T-rex Overdrive, which its pretty awesome actually), its a little better, but there's still that fizz.

Has anyone else experienced this?

PS: For the record, I use a LANEY cab loaded with 4 V30s. And I practice alot WITHOUT using pedals.
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
You said you've tried the treble on 0. What are the rest of your amp's settings?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Everything Varies. I change my settings all the time depending on what I'm playing, but usually:

Treble between 2 and 4

Mid: 5-7

Bass: 6-8

Presence is normally 6-7

I find that the presences not only make everything sound abit clearer, but like the gain, brings out the fizz too.
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
i don`t know much about the JCM 2000`s, but my 900 only fizzes with the gain cranked and my PA2 gain booster kicked on and there mass feedback too if the masters cranked up too LOL.

wonder if you have a dirty pot or something, cause my JCM 900 is pretty dead quite without my PA2 kicked on.

and i tryed a JCM 200 TSL b4 and it wasn`t fizzy either, but it wasn`t loud either.
A lot of it might be the volume you're playing at. I notice that if I keep my master volume low, I'm forced to crank the presence to get usable tones, and it's definitely a bit on the fizzy/brittle side.

Adjust the gain to taste, and then start turning up your master volume a bit and see if that helps.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Have you tried different guitars and cables?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I normally crank my amp too 4-5 on volume. with the gain on 3-4 its fine.

And I use multiple guitars. Mainly my Prs Custom 22. But I've tried that though an jcm 800s, orange AD30s, Cornfords, and all sorts. Every jcm2000 I've played has this problem, I've through the ones at uni (BIMM) and my band mates one, and its the same thing.
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Quote by Chrisiphone
Have you tried different guitars and cables?

F**k, I forgot about a decent speaker cable. That might help abit.
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)