Is it bad for the guitar to carry it through a little rain? not much and not very far, like a few yards? I need to bring it to school but i dont have a case
cover it as good as possible and run...lol Then wipe it off good when u get inside. Try not to let rain in the sound hole....
How is the wood finished?

If it is lacquered (for lack of a better word) with something waterproof then you'll be fine, but if it isn't (or if it gets INSIDE the guitar) it will ruin it.

Buy a case, they're not that expensive...(soft cases anyway)

Don't 'wipe it when you get inside', you'll probably just spread the water all over. Cover it in something waterproof so it can't get any water on it.
i wouldn't let any rain touch my guitars - it's too easy for water to get inside the guitar and ruin it or rust the hardware. put a big plastic trash bag or something waterproof around it or leave it home.
TS, just try your best not to sink it. A spattering will do absolutely no harm, even if it does get inside.
I few drops wont really do any damage. When I take my gig bag anywhere, i keep a garbage bag in the pocket in case there is ever a little rain. If you don't have a case, at least cover with a large trash bag. It should do fine like that.....and make sure the trash bag is open at the bottom, not the top....
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
I like the trashbag idea.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Well, covering it with a trashbag seems to be a good idea if you don't have a gig bag; it'll work. And it kinda expresses the "I'm a musician, I don't have money" stereotype too.

But Gig Bag+Trashbag=good idea actually. It'll work. I'm going to keep that one in mind for the future....
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Haha, I'm glad you thought of it. If it means anything, it was my mother that gives that idea to me. If you go to school with a backpack that isn't 100% waterproof, you should bring one in case so you can just wrap your backpack up in it and your textbooks, papers, and such wont get drenched. I believe she reminded me of it being a good idea to shove one into my case in case it rained one day also. Yay for mothers.
well if you have to travel in the rain without a bag then simply turn the guitar over so the back is to the rain & give it a wipe wont hurt the guitar in the slightest. "what a load of whack" a few drops of rain wow man if i had a dollar for every time ive played with wet hands etc splashed bong water all over my guitar or played in the rain. You are the best judge of how wet it is going to get. just be carefull
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
i like to run a garden hose in my sound hole to clean out the dust then if there are not any clean dishes i take my strings off and use it to eat my fruit loops
^^^ well said^^^ it had to be fruit loops LOL it wouldnt have sounded as good if you said corn flakes or coco pops etc LOve it
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
I prefer this granola cereal from Trader Joes called "Just the Clusters." Its really good. I eat it out of my acoustic every chance I get. The back of my electric just doesn't hold it the same.