hey i've found a brand new fender stratocaster on e-bay, 79 euro (italy). it's not an auction, it's under the "buy straight away)
apparently there are ten of them in store, brand new, i'm allowed to give it back if i'm not happy, vat included in price.
it seems like a good deal because in shops the only price i've seen them for is about 1.050euro.
but i'm also supiscious, so i wanted ti ask..can e-bay be trusted from this point of view??..and if anyone has had any bad experience please share them..
No you can't trust that. Linky?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

You get what you pay for. It is more than likely a starter guitar or some that were put togther with cheap parts. Think about it, a good bridge alone for a strat is 100 dollars just by itself. A standard pickguard is 20. How can a complete guitar that is good sell for that price.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Quote by JohnnyNash
You get what you pay for. It is more than likely a starter guitar or some that were put togther with cheap parts. Think about it, a good bridge alone for a strat is 100 dollars just by itself. A standard pickguard is 20. How can a complete guitar that is good sell for that price.

Because the seller is a dip****, or...

These guitars are all broken.
China is also making ripoff guitars and passing them off as originals, Fenders, Gibson, etc. These could be what they are. From reading the Fender forums they are crap. Won't stay tuned and intonation sucks. Again you get what you pay for. I have built 6 strats now, not using the highest priced items but not cheap either. Cheapest one built was around 850

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Its is easy to make a guitar look a bit like the real thing but the quality at that price would be really poor. Best to buy guitars from a good shop until you know enough about guitars to be able to see the good from the bad.
Right now Craigslist is packed with fake vintage Fenders and Gibsons that people are selling secondhand at the price of low-end new models. I would expect eBay isn’t much different.
I have bought guitars off Ebay with no hassle, so yes you can trust a seller however you can't trust all sellers. Know your product and research it before buying. Use common sense when looking at the seller. If he has 0 feedback while it is possible that he is legit still you have no history to judge him on. Where is located, does he give good description and pics? All this matters.

With most Fender and Gibsons you can call the factory to verify serial number before buying, I recommend that specially if it is a higher dollar guitar.

The one listed for sale on the link above no doubt is a cheapo copy. Price usually reflects the quality. I' did just get a Alvarez Fusion acoustic for $200 on Ebay but I knew that was a good guitar. So you can get deals but use common sense.

Squire standard strats are decent guitars for the money, not the bullet squire but a standard like the one I have made in Indonesia. It actually plays and sounds really well. But $99 specials are probably gonna play and sound like crap. It is no fun to play guitar when the action sucks and it squeals like a pig when plugged in.
Quote by $hab
He was probably talking about this:

http://cgi.ebay.it/Chitarra-elettrica-modello-Stratocaster-vari-colori_W0QQitemZ250484259076QQcmdZViewItemQQptZChitarre_Elettriche?hash=item3a52067904

...Or something similar. If you look on Italian eBay you can find a lot of similar deals. None of them are Fenders, that'll be why.

if this is the guitar he bought note that the seller never said fender
you didnt get ripped off
you bought the wrong thing
Rip off. Simple as TS. It'll be a complete and utter fake.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
If its claiming to be selling real fender MIA strats for that price then their gonna be fakes. Maybe if it was a fender squier for that price.
If you have any seriousness about playing guitar you need a decent guitar. That means spending money on a decent one. You can find deals but a $100 strat that is new by some obscure brand is gonna be a crap guitar.

It is better to get a used better quality guitar than a new crap one. I know you are in Italy, I don't know what availability is for guitars in Italy but better to save up and get a more trusted one than to roll the dice on something like on that ad.

Honestly if you are on a budget but want a decent strat save up and go with a Squire standard, Mexican or Japanese made strat if you can't get a American made.
One thing else, in the future I may get a Fender strat HSS deluxe. I don't know who did it but prices for them increased $400 listing to a list price of $1600 in the last year at GC and online like musiciansfriend. That is getting too pricey. You can get a excellent used one for $800 to $1000 on Ebay so where do you think I'll buy at?

Just got to use common sense when shopping Ebay. If a guy with 0 feedback lists a deluxe buy now for $700 I'd rather skip him and buy from a guy with history even if his guitar is a $100 or $200 more.