There was one back in 2007 that was a partial success, lots of entrants but decision was never made. Hopefully we can have one more successful

Any interest? Backing tracks cool, more than one person can do a song.

Entrants:

Mixxedup056 - Disconnected
chaseNbadguys - The Jester's Dance (?)
The Jester Race - Jotun
Darkshade666 - (TBC) Artifacts of the Black Rain OR Only For The Weak
Last edited by The Jester Race at Dec 17, 2009,
@sm5150

That's an awesome clip dude, Really enjoyed that as I love that part of the song. any chance you could instead record a full cover of zombie inc? Just to keep things fair
I'll give it a good while for a closing date as I know covering in flames can get tedious with the amount of harmonies to learn etc. so say Sat January 24th.

@CatharsisStudio
Nice one bud

So..... Anyone interested ?
I'm in for sure. That should be plenty of time, just need to find out what songs everyone is covering.
Niiiice one guys, gettin some interest now

Entrants so far:

Mixxedup056
chaseNbadguys
The Jester Race

I reckon i'll enter with Jotun, however I may change that entry to zombie inc as I've been wanting to cover it for awhile, just depends on how my chronic laziness pans out over the coming weeks
I've already covered Zombie inc, its in my profile. I'm not sure what song im going to do yet, I was thinking about jesters dance but I cant get the clean part to sound right.
Excellent cover of zombie inc dude! just checked it out there, solid playing altogether!

as for jesters dance - amazing tune! It's a very unusual sound for the clean part indeed man. Try adding a tight delay with a lot of feedback, bit of hall reverb and lash some chorus/flange over it, if you pull it off that would be epic!!
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to head down in the dungeon and work on it in a bit. I think if I do like you said plus double track it with different fingerings then it should work out. I just cant get the notes to ring out.
Yeah I reckon so, just say what song you're doing and go for it, I'll edit it into the original post. I'm gonna cover Zombie Inc. Plenty of time so no excuse!!
Entrants:

Mixxedup056 - Disconnected
chaseNbadguys - The Jester's Dance (?)
The Jester Race - Jotun
Darkshade666 - (TBC) Artifacts of the Black Rain OR Only For The Weak

Nice one Guys

Any more interest? the more the merrier!!
Does it have to be one-shot recordings or can we record bit by bit and then piece it together?
Also, can we record all the parts (Rhythm, Lead, etc)?
🙈 🙉 🙊
DONE! Jester's Dance is up and in my profile. I reserve the right to re-record it before the deadline depending on how badass everyone else's stuff is.
How about this, we each pick a song as individuals and also cover a second song which we will all cover. I dont want to hijack the thread though so if The Jester Race is down with it he can put up a poll of songs and highest votes will be the song.