my interfaces mic inputs recently stopped working although my instrument inputs still work. If i run my countryman DI box on a battery and use a XLR to 1/4inch cable running into my instrument jack, will this decrease the quality compared to running my DI box into the mic input via xlr?
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
anyone?
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
If you have instrument inputs on your interface shouldn't they be set up to take instruments directly?

TM
well they do, but the quality of them is nothing compared to the quality of running a di box. The DI box makes the signal much more clear and rich
Ah right, i see.

Well if the instrument ins are line ins as well (they might have a switch), then it wont do any harm to have the D.I box going into a line in, i'm fairly sure!

TM
ok thank you