facebook group tries to get people buy RATM's Killing in the name so it would top the christmas charts instead of the X-factor winner
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I just Google "Elephant penis", and was strangely aroused.

Apparently, I'm a good shitter

Quote by TomusAM
jonne.i just took the best dump I ever seen
People are trying to get RATM to get the UK xmas number 1 instead of the X-factor winner.

Never gonna happen.
The X Factor single is always released the week before Christmas to get the Christmas number 1 because the idiots that don't know good music buy it in droves, a facebook group has elected RATM Killing In The Name Of as this years single to buy in droves in an attempt to stop X Factor getting it again.

DONE
Quote by Minkaro
There's two sets of people trying to get two different rubbish songs to number one.

+1
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
RATM are using back-masking to convince mindless drones to buy their stuff.

/tinfoil-hat.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by j_link13
Why Killing in the name of? Isn't that on Rage's first album?

I think they just picked a song at random off a Guitar Hero tracklist and went with it.
Or possibly because the chorus runs a little like "**** you i wont do what you tell me" which the "genius" on Facebook probably thought was a way of "sticking it to The Man"
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by Zolom
Or possibly because the chorus runs a little like "**** you i wont do what you tell me" which the "genius" on Facebook probably thought was a way of "sticking it to The Man"

Ya but they coulda used Vietnow from Evil Empire. "Turn on the radio, nah **** it turn it off"
It'll never happen. To get a seventeen year old song to the top of any chart it probably has to be an internet meme like Rick Astley
It's not necessarily about how good the song is, it's about stopping the inevitabilty of the X Factor winner getting the UK Xmas no.1. I would've prefered another Rage track if it was my choice but it's the most mainstream one so more people will likely join the campaign.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by DangerPat 00
It'll never happen. To get a seventeen year old song to the top of any chart it probably has to be an internet meme like Rick Astley

Not really, there was a campaign to get Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah to the top of the chart last year. It got to 2nd which is pretty impressive considering it's about 15 years old.

It was also an attempt to stop an X Factor winner getting top.
Quote by howamidriving?
ok, so what in the holy hell is the "x-factor"?

It's another kind of Idol show I think.
Quote by howamidriving?
ok, so what in the holy hell is the "x-factor"?

Being an averagely competent singer with between mild and serious learning difficulties.

Judging by the average contestant.
X factor is a 'singing' competition.
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
Quote by freedoms_stain
Being an averagely competent singer with between mild and serious learning difficulties.

Judging by the average contestant.

The learning difficulties aren't really necessary, all you actually need is some sort of sob story.
BTW The Xmas number 1 is a big thing in the UK and every year the X-Factor are guaranteed it. Last year there were about 5 different versions of "Halleluja" in the charts to try and stop XFactor winning.
YNWA
Considering the winners song is 'The Climb' something needs to be done.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
As an American, I had no idea what the X-Factor was, so I Wiki'd it a few days ago. It's the successor to Pop Idol?

Also, it said Simon's trying to bring it over to the US.
Quote by Holy Katana
As an American, I had no idea what the X-Factor was, so I Wiki'd it a few days ago. It's the successor to Pop Idol?

Also, it said Simon's trying to bring it over to the US.

Cowell doesn't own American Idol so he can't take all the profits. That's why it's coming to America.
YNWA