A couple days ago, I bought a used Gibson Les Paul Studio for $700cad, it plays great sound a lot more meaty than my Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I just feel odd about the purchase, my biggest justification was that the guitar new is twice as much. But I already have a good quality Les Paul. I was looking at a PRS SE Semi-Hollow with P90s and the PRS SE One a Tele also crossed my mind. The Studio is a little banged up, but its not how it looks, its sounds and plays great. I'm unsure if I should return it and great something else. I think it just might be buyers remorse. Any other ~$700 guitars that would play late-60s rock? Any thoughts?
24 BEER A DAY
EV'RY DAY
so you bought this les paul and dont like it?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
You brought a Les Paul
It sounds great, looks great and plays great
And you want to return it??
If it plays better than your Epiphone Les Paul, why not sell the Epi and use it to buy the other, different style guitar you want?
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
You're probably just feeling guilt of forking out so much cash.
If you are happy with your purchase (It feels, plays, sounds great) then that can be your justification.
If you are genuinely unhappy with it, like it's not what you want, then send it back.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I'd keep it and sell the Epi. That sounds like a pretty good price for a gibson. Sell the epi and start saving for that PRS.
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
If it's a good studio and it sound like it is.... you'll be hard pressed to get anything for same money that'll be as good (even used). A PRS SE isn't near the guitar the studio is. The minute you buy is new for probably around 700-800 dollars it devalues by a couple of hundred. MEanwhile your studio will likely always be worth what you paid for it as it's already depreciated from it's new price.
Moving on.....
if you don't think it's the guitar for you i wouldn't try to convince yourself it really is. even though other people might love to have that LP, if you don't then what's the point? i would return it before you've had it for too long. i'd shop around a little bit longer until you know exactly what you want.

i'd return it while you can and get something that makes you want to pick it up and play the crap out of it. if you spend a good amount on anything BUT that, you're just about wasting your money.

EDIT: and i love my telecaster. it'll definitely do everything you want. i'd check them and everything else in your price range out!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Oh look, another thread where someone is asking what their opinion should be

If you're not happy with the LP then return it and get something else before you can't anymore.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Oh look, another thread where someone is asking what their opinion should be

If you're not happy with the LP then return it and get something else before you can't anymore.

LOL it is becoming a common occurance ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

It sounds to me like he's more than happy with the Gibson. But it seems like throwing out that much cash has left him questioning his judgment. If it plays better than the Epipophone, you likely won't be playing the Epi much anymore. Sell it to recoup some of the money on the better guitar, or use that money to buy the other guitar(s) you are wanting.
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
I'll say what I think like this........A brand new Gibson Les Paul Studio in one of the 2 worn finishes costs $799 American dollars from Musician's Friend right now. I'm not sure about the exchange rate with what you paid for that compared the dollar amount but if you want a real Les Paul then just order a brand new Studio. I mean it wouldn't be banged up, played, but it might be a color that you dislike.......boo hoo! It would be brand new is my point versus used! Ok I just looked up the exchange rate and we are pretty close, so you are looking at spending $50-$100 bucks more with free shipping for a brand new Studio versus that banged up used one. Just Saying Man!
Last edited by Supermansdead81 at Dec 12, 2009,
PRS SE's are going to be mediocre compared to a gibson
they are comparable to mexican strats
Quote by MLilienthal

i disagree. i think the SE's are a great deal for the money. i'd take an SE over a LP studio any day. i'm just not an LP fan. the SE would give me a smaller (and more comfortable) body, a longer scale (25" vs the 24.75" of the gibson) and still comes in a hardtail version like the gibson (HATE vintage trems).

the gibson is made in the US, and gibson does a great job holding up warrantee's, but beyond that i'd go with the SE all the way. all the ones i've played have felt great. never had a problem with them.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
completely normal emotion, if you like the guitar keep it and get rid of the epi.

however i think the doubt you have has nothing to do with the actual guitar and more to do with your finances..........
Quote by MLilienthal

I agree.
To the guy who didnt, Considering that the prices of a mim and an SE are about the same it would be fair to make this assumption.

Also i recomended that the TS should think things through a little more before purchasing a guitar next time ... Cause it really sucks to have buyers remorse ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.