I've been a massive Green Day fan for about 6 years and I saw them live for the 2nd time on August 12th, 2009 and Billie Joe pulled me on stage to sing one of their songs (LONGVIEW) in front of almost 10,000 people.
It feels like a crazzzzzzzzzy dream! I still can't believe it happened.

But the reason for this thread is, you guys should check out my video of it.
Even if you don't like Green Day, its still incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24HtRboFDlI

I'm so grateful for this video, if I didn't have it I would have a very hard time believing that it happened.

Also my story about the whole day of the Green Day concert is pretty incredible and lucky. I got to go inside the venue a couple hours early and watch Green Day do their soundcheck. They played 4 songs and I was 1 of 39 people that got to be there. It was like 2 concerts in one day. Then after the soundcheck, we got to go in a VIP room and get free food, drinks, and T-shirts. Also, prior to the concert, I had won a photography contest that allowed me to be inside the barricade for Green Day's first 2 songs to take as many pictures as I could. So I got to take pictures while leaning against the stage. I made SO many people jealous. haha. Then after the 2 songs were up, I jumped over the barricade and got right in the front with my mom and my best friend. I thought my luck was over until before I knew it I was sharing the mic with Billie Joe in front of 10,000 people. I wrote a really really long review of the show, with all these things in more detail. I'll probably post it on here later.

Thanks guys.
Last edited by Pansy060 at Dec 11, 2009,
be inside the barricade for Green Day's first 2 songs to take as many pictures as I could

that doesn't take a lot. just come out of the crowd lookin like a wreck, and make sure the manager is watching.
the last thing a venue and a band needs are lawsuits.

but wow you are very lucky congrats
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Not a fan. But, that's pretty awesome. I recall seeing a video where Linkin Park pulled someone up to play guitar, and I always kinda wished a band would do that to me.
Wow, I'm not a big green day fan, but that's pretty nice of them.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
its still surreal to me. i was on the local news and everything. definatly a dream come true.
Cool. I remember when I saw them in 2002 they brought a kid up on stage to play guitar with them.
Wow. I would not have been able to deal with being in front of 10,000 people as well as you did. Awesome.
Quote by toyboxmonster
Wow. I would not have been able to deal with being in front of 10,000 people as well as you did. Awesome.

I know dude! I'm still shocked that I did as well as I did! I figured I would go up there and start singing the wrong lyrics or forget them completely and then like pee my pants haha. but when i turned and saw all those people staring back at me, this person came out of me that I didn't know existed... its freaking crazy dude.
i was there. we laughed when this happened. weird coincidence that youre on UG as well though.
Quote by for the lolz
i was there. we laughed when this happened. weird coincidence that youre on UG as well though.

that is ironic lol
My friend got pulled to play Knowledge on guitar. He got to keep it afterwards.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by SRX700
My friend got pulled to play Knowledge on guitar. He got to keep it afterwards.

thats awesome. it would be awesome to get chosen to play jesus of suburbia.. you'd get to be up there for almost 10 minutes.
i should have asked to keep the mic haha
Wow. That's amazing. It just goes to show how great a band Green Day is. They didn't have to call up anyone, but I'm sure you'll never forget what they did for you.