I'm looking at getting either an Agile AL-3000 Thru Neck or an ESP ltd EC-1000. I mostly play harder music like Underoath, August Burns Red, Killswitch Engage, etc. But I also play more mellow music and sometimes even play at church so I need a versatile guitar. Which of these two would fit my needs better? I'm also open to suggestions, but I don't want a tremolo.

Thanks for any help!
Both great guitars, if you can afford the ESP id get it but if price is a concern I have only heard good things about the Agile Les Pauls.
How is the upper fret access on the Agile? I like that the ESP has 24 frets but I don't really consider that a necessity. Also, I forgot to mention that my amp is a Peavey Valveking 112. I doubt that changes anything, but I figured it would be good to know.
I had an EC-1000 with the 81/60 EMG's and I felt it did clean just "ok". It definitely had an edgier sound to it and did hard rock great, but my Edwards Les Paul was able to produce a much better clean sound.

So I think the LTD would be great for the hard stuff you want to play, but would probably be lacking in the "mellow" department compared to the Agile.
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
Common UG response:

Niether.

My answer:

The Agile is adding up slightly cheaper, and get raved about more than the HT 5 (thats saying something) but the EC-401 (a slightly cheaper alternative with a slightly more boring colour) could be what your looking for.
mm well 3000 is more than 1000 so it must be the better one
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I would reccomend the esp ltd in the sunburst model that has SD 59'/JB combo (I think) it will be more versitle than the EMG equipped counterpart.
Of those two, the LTD EC-1000 is the smarter buy. It simply has more, better features; there's a reason why it costs more. Get the version with passive Seymour Duncan pickups and it'll handle anything you throw at it. Though personally I think the purple finish on the active EMG-equipped one is too pretty to pass up.

That said, you could get a LTD EC-401 for less and it won't be any less of a guitar; with the EC series, the only thing the 1000 models have that the 401s don't is the abalone binding and inlays (and actually, the 401 has better tuners). Get the 401 with passive SD pickups and you're laughing.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Wow, I feel like an idiot. When I made this thread I completely forgot about my Strat, which I bought several years ago so I would have a reliable guitar for more mellow music. I stopped playing it for the most part when I got my Jaguar. I also had an SG and a Schecter S-1 for harder music but both of those and my Jaguar were stolen :-(

Anyway, it sounds like an EC-401 or EC-1000 is the way to go. I'll look for them at Guitar Center next time I make the one hour drive to Greenville.
Quote by Coreone
Wow, I feel like an idiot. When I made this thread I completely forgot about my Strat, which I bought several years ago so I would have a reliable guitar for more mellow music. I stopped playing it for the most part when I got my Jaguar. I also had an SG and a Schecter S-1 for harder music but both of those and my Jaguar were stolen :-(

Anyway, it sounds like an EC-401 or EC-1000 is the way to go. I'll look for them at Guitar Center next time I make the one hour drive to Greenville.

When you make the trip, give the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 a try. It can certainly handle the harder stuff with the EMGs. It can do alot more with the coil tap feature. You are already familiar with Schecter and they have 'em at GC.