That's pretty wild shit, and from Mtl too. I guess you're the first around here. I don't think too many players that could tab that would do it without being a big fan. Sounds pretty technical at times. Some cool leads and fills. Don't like that singing though, never did.
Nah, it's just... intros. Not too much. If a person wants credit they can take it. I'll just paste this thread in the comments. mwahhaha. :P I have decided to tab out the entire Quo Vadis Forever... album but once I'm done with that, or while I am doing that I'll hmm... do Faith Puppeteers? Either way, it's a while away, i have my last exam in uni on the 15th then I can start tabbing properly
Cool Beans.

Did Martyr do a Cover of a Quo Vadis Song? Carpe Diem? Or are they different songs?

But anyway, Ive got just past the first sweep in Skyless done, so about 24 Seconds of it. When ive got the whole minute long intro of it done, Ill post it here. You any good at tabbing out Bass?

Faith Puppeteers was the first song I heard by Augury, its pretty good. Either do that one, And then if you want something monumentally awesome, go Jupiter to Ignite.
Nah, two different sons. Both very epic. I can tab out bass if the production is good enough. Otherwise it gets buried deep in the mix and isn't audible at all. But I don't suppose tabbing Augury basslines would be a problem since they're quite audible.

EDIT: Ok, I'm onto the chorus of Faithless Puppetteers... wtf are those chords in the chorus? Anyways, the tuning is Drop A. Like everything B standard except last string is A. If you want a hand in Skyless, I'd be more than happy.
Last edited by Limaj_daas at Dec 13, 2009,
Im about half way with the intro to skyless. Bassline to skyless is very audible, but im horrible with my ears. It took me half an hour to realize I was playing the guitar part an Octave low!

Ive got it tabbed in D Standard ATM, so if I were to transpose it by... 3 notes Down? I would have the Correct way of doing it. Outside of alternative fingerings, anyway.

So far im tabbing by using trial and error with pitch and scale recognition, And stopping the song for a second or two to find the right pitch of a note. Takes forever, but it works.

I'd Gladly help with Puppetteers if I could, but Drop A? Damn, I hardly go into C Standard. I could try my hand at the solo, as the riffs are too far out of the register of my guitar.
I don't have a guitar around me, I'm just doing it by ear. Works for now. I think I'm getting a hang of the chorus of Puppetteers though. Btw, you could use a software like Adobe Audition. It usually helps, like you can put a small section on repeat, remove/separate center channel and slow down stuff. Helps me tremendously. Oh and best part, you could transpose the song's audio up a few semi-tones to your guitar's tuning.
Wait, wait, wait... Your tabbing without a guitar? I hope I can have ears like yours one day...

Eh, if I really wanted to learn it Id do that, but like 90% of my computer usage is on a Windows 98, with Dial-up. It hardly has internet, so getting new programs is a bit out of it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Unrelated though, Thanks for listening to the stuff Im writing. Its crap ATM, but ill tell you when its up for revision again. (I took the thread down)
The ears come with... tons of tabbing. If you tab, it WILL develop. Anyways, I didn't think it was crap, I actually enjoyed it. So much that i rearranged it to resemble a song and put it on repeat :P.
Lulz, Thank you. Im fixing the Riffing transition, Ive got this sick semi-altered repeat that I thought up of that makes a better transition than that string skipping, But the feel to it is damn near impossible to tab... Ill see what I can do with it though.

But Onto Augury! Haven't had time to get to Youtube and tab it for a bit. You getting the Puppetters chorus or need help?
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Almost done with Skyless' Damn intro...

Bumped to restart my Conversation with daas...

Would you mind tabbing out Retry? Abort? Ignore? By Martyr? Or atleast the riff at 2:12 of realms of Reverie. Love that riff.

Oh, I haven't heard much by Martyr though I have heard a hell lot about them. I'll see about it after Augury. One Montreal band at a time is overwhelming enough.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Almost done with Skyless' Damn intro...

Bumped to restart my Conversation with daas...

Would you mind tabbing out Retry? Abort? Ignore? By Martyr? Or atleast the riff at 2:12 of realms of Reverie. Love that riff.

They have tabbooks bro, get em. I got the Feeding The Abscess one...there's no way I could have tabbed any of it by ear lol.

I'm keen on helping to tab this Augury stuff. Any particular song? From Fragmentary Evidence, that is.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

OMG OMG OMG. TAB BOOKS! Some how I didn't think of that... Must buy.

If you have a good ear for clean parts, Jupiter to Ignite would be a great one to tab.

Lets see... If you want something Crunchy, Sovereign Unknown is Pretty good. With its pirate vocals and stuff. Ever tune to drop A before?
I'd probs get it for the solos. Can't say I'm a huge fan ov that album though.

Augury should release one. As should Necrophagist for Onset of Putrefaction and BTM for Dystopia. Those diminished riffs are far too catchy to not try to play...btu every time I try to figure them out I fail lol.

I was thinking maybe Aetheral...but I will give Jupiter to Ignite a closer look too.

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

^ Indeed, though I haven't heard any BTM but I shall check em out.

I'm 1:54 though Faithless Puppeteers! Pity, it's only the guitars, but oh well.
Quote by Limaj_daas
^ Indeed, though I haven't heard any BTM but I shall check em out.

I'm 1:54 though Faithless Puppeteers! Pity, it's only the guitars, but oh well.

Serious? Nice work man! That's just today!? Hectic. I'd better get started on Aetheral lol.

For some reason, I couldn't really get into Aetheral. Seemed a bit like more of the same, but a tab for it would be nice. (Its been a couple of weeks since I heard it, Ill give it another go)

Hes been working on Faith puppetteers for a week now, probably not too much, be he said he'd try it on the 12th.

OMGOMGOMG OBSCURA TAB BOOKS!

I care enough to get one perhaps, but not before I get their CD and T-shirt.

Necrophagist needs to release a Damn tab book. Im tired of being Unmotivated to learn their entire Discography. (But more motivated now that I might be able to, now that I got mah Xiphos. Hope Im not whoring out that I got one... Well, WTF's it matter, its in my Sig.)
Quote by Athabasca
Serious? Nice work man! That's just today!? Hectic. I'd better get started on Aetheral lol.

Haha, dude I'd die if I tabbed all that today. That's over the course of three-ish days with about one hour a day. I'm having my exams in uni, tabbing relentlessly is NOT a good idea.

Quote by Life Is Brutal
For some reason, I couldn't really get into Aetheral. Seemed a bit like more of the same, but a tab for it would be nice. (Its been a couple of weeks since I heard it, Ill give it another go)

Hes been working on Faith puppetteers for a week now, probably not too much, be he said he'd try it on the 12th.

OMGOMGOMG OBSCURA TAB BOOKS!

I care enough to get one perhaps, but not before I get their CD and T-shirt.

Necrophagist needs to release a Damn tab book. Im tired of being Unmotivated to learn their entire Discography. (But more motivated now that I might be able to, now that I got mah Xiphos. Hope Im not whoring out that I got one... Well, WTF's it matter, its in my Sig.)

Aetheral grew on me. Actually, the whole album grew on me over time. I used to like Conceal more but now I think that FA is more awesome but harder to get into.

Btw, I got a Xiphos too . Though mine is second-hand with a few scratches and a small bit of wood chip but hey it was like 400CAD which is all I can afford.
Aetheral is a delicious song. I have tabbed the first minute or so of it now. Furthermore, Necrophagist do have a tabbook for Epitaph, just not Onset unfortunately.

And I'm extremely jealous of you chumps with your Xiphoses . You just wait till I get a badass Schecter or something lol.

Quote by Athabasca
Aetheral is a delicious song. I have tabbed the first minute or so of it now. Furthermore, Necrophagist do have a tabbook for Epitaph, just not Onset unfortunately.

And I'm extremely jealous of you chumps with your Xiphoses . You just wait till I get a badass Schecter or something lol.

Yeah... For your Badass Schec-

Wouldn't Xipho Be plural?

Epitaph tabbook? Still pretty good. (Onset would be like 100 Pages long due to all the none repeated riffing )

Im going to be getting the FE in a week or so (Depending upon Shipping speed) so Im going to be able to give it a good listen. Maybe Aetheral will grow on me.

My Xiphos is In perfect condition, and I got it used fo $560USD. No strap, case or tools though. But Ill be getting the case and a strap soon though.
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Dec 18, 2009,
^Case is a bitch. Like a real ugly bitch. The model is like XP100C and 200USD is the retail price. Musiciansfriend has it for 170 but most websites (that ship only in the US ) have it for around 130USD. I got my guitar a month or so ago and can't find a case here in Canada at all. Fail.

EDIT: Wouldn't it be Xiphii?
Xiphii...I dunno. Xiphii sounds about correct.

Finished the solo to Faithless Puppeteers
Way too much of it is random noodling in Dmin... well the dmin scale shape on a Drop A guitar... whatever the hell that would be.
Last edited by Limaj_daas at Dec 18, 2009,
Damn bro. Did you slow it down for that?

The sweeps and taps at the start were easy to tab, but then the scalar wankery that ensued required me to isolate center channel and slow down.
Xiphii maybe. Case shouldn't be a problem to get for $140. All I have to do is get a loan from my parents and pay it off by Splitting 10 Chords of wood... But anyway, looks like I can get the case.

In the time being, Im taking the box it came in, Cutting out some Styrofoam in its shape, and sealing the bottom of the box. Should work for taking it to school to show friends and stuff... Just something to protect it a bit and get it out of the cold....

Working on Skyless again, but im onto the quicker scales so it could take a bit.
Bump. How are you guys' tabs coming along? I haven't done anything since the solo :P. I'm hoping to possibly finish the song by today if all goes well.
EDIT: I really hate the production of the album. It's very noisy, my ears start hurting after a few minutes of tabbing.
Last edited by Limaj_daas at Dec 23, 2009,
This isn't specifically aimed at anyone but I managed to finish the guitars for "Brimstone Landscapes" until the riff that starts at 2:15. That's like half the song, yay! lol. The tabbing is rather exhausting since the sound is so... I don't know. Something about the production is very tabbing-unfriendly.