I am hoping to sell the following gear for around $1100 and use the proceeds toward a new amp.

Blackheart Handsome Devil Amp Head w/Blackheart 1x12 cab - $500
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Ebony - $275
BC Rich Warlock Platinum Series - $100
Jackson DK2 Eerie Dess Swirl - $300

I play in a band that will be gigging so I need something with enough power to play small to medium venues.

We play Classic Rock, 80's rock, and Modern Rock. I am the rhythm guitar player.

My budget is around $1500 total for head and cab.

I have been looking at the Marshall DSL series 100w amps. Would these be a good choice or are there any others out there for that price range that would suit my needs?

Also, do the asking prices for the above items seem reasonable?

Thanks.

Edit: I will be using a Boss ME-70 effects unit if needed, but not always.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Last edited by Rio38 at Dec 11, 2009,
unless you buy use you wont find any dsl 100 that cheap. i just bought a jcm dsl 100 used at guitar center for $900 and i love it! running it through a B52 cab that i bought new for $250 and i couldn't be any happier. i have played everything from jazz, to metal, to blues with it and it has done more than i could have ever asked for. good luck with your search for one!

a little side-note: it has the ability to be EXTREMELY LOUD so it might be too big of an amp for you to use without an attenuator. those run about $400. i run mine without one and to get the tone that i love i have to turn it up to 4 on the lead volume and it is close to being painfully loud so i would def recommend getting the attenuator when you can afford it.
Last edited by vjferrara at Dec 11, 2009,
Quote by vjferrara
unless you buy use you wont find any dsl 100 that cheap. i just bought a jcm dsl 100 used at guitar center for $900 and i love it! running it through a B52 cab that i bought new for $250 and i couldn't be any happier. i have played everything from jazz, to metal, to blues with it and it has done more than i could have ever asked for. good luck with your search for one!

a little side-note: it has the ability to be EXTREMELY LOUD so it might be too big of an amp for you to use without an attenuator. those run about $400. i run mine without one and to get the tone that i love i have to turn it up to 4 on the lead volume and it is close to being painfully loud so i would def recommend getting the attenuator when you can afford it.

I found this on Guitar Center's site http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-DSL100MLB-and-MC412-Half-Stack-868555-i1443118.gc
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by Rio38

Looks like a nice deal IMO.

However, go to a store and try it out as well as some other amps, maybe you'll like one better than the DSL.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
they have a used one at my guitar center for like 700 or somewhere around there. i was playing it the other day. it would be perfect for your purposes. go try it tho.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
the JCM2000 DSL is a nice amp, but pretty pricey. but if you can find one cheap enuff, grab it up, there awesome amps.

also damn you for selling that warlock so cheap LOL i`d so buy that in a second if i lived near you HAHA
Quote by Rio38

looks like a good deal except for the cab. my B52 is 400w stereo/mono and 4/8/16 ohms swithcable:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-LS-412-400W-4x12-Guitar-Extension-Cabinet-104323720-i1322641.gc
Quote by phlip999
A suitable alternative would be the combo JCM 2000 DSL401, really nice amp, enough power for gigs as well.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/marshall/jcm2000_dsl401/index.html

No, the DSL combos don't sound as good as the head versions.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz