Poll: How many times have you taken the ACT?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many times have you taken the ACT?
once
8 62%
twice
3 23%
three times
2 15%
four and beyond
0 0%
Voters: 13.
I am taking the ACT tomorrow. Is anyone else going to be taking this test with me across the U.S.? If so how did you prepare? And for those of you experienced with the ACT are there any tips you have to offer?
Last edited by Zephyr-Chills at Dec 11, 2009,
Nope. I don't really have any tips, because I didn't actually study, and I ended up getting a 32 somehow. Just don't fall asleep in the middle of the test. I know people who did.
Go to bed early, dude. (Assuming it's an 8am test.) Early, grueling tests are dreadful. Look over a bit of trig this evening, but other than that, there's not a whole lot of "studying' you can do.

(ACT: 34.)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Make sure you know your trig stuff for math (sin, cos, tan) as it appears on there a lot. and read the questions carefully. I didn't study and my math section suffered. Still got a 32 the first time though.
Dont skip questions on the act, they dont count against you if you get them wrong so always guess
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by SteveHouse
Go to bed early, dude. (Assuming it's an 8am test.) Early, grueling tests are dreadful. Look over a bit of trig this evening, but other than that, there's not a whole lot of "studying' you can do.

(ACT: 34.)

I didn't get much sleep at all.

I probably would have done better if I had.
Unlike you're average state given standardized test, the ACT actually takes the whole time given to complete for most people. Take your time but not too much time.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I didn't study for the ACT or SAT. I also had diarrhea during the ACT and would strongly recommend avoiding that. I did pretty well on both, the proctor got pissed I was in the bathroom for so long though
Quote by add_g
why is there no "never" option on the poll

Sorry, I forgot. Hopefully my memory will serve me better tomorrow.
I took it once. Got a 31.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Not tomorrow, but Im taking it in March.

Good luck man
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Poll fail, no "none" option.
I didn't take it or the SAT. I took the ASVAB which I scored extremely well on. US Air Force for me. Starting in a wee bit.