I have takamine eg341sc, and it was playing beautifully for the first 6 months that i have had it. However, starting about a month ago i noticed that some frets were not sounding when i played them. Ever since then, more and more frets have gone dead, and now basically all of them are. Is just just a problems with the setup? Can it be fixed? Can i do it, or should i have it professionally done?

Thank You!
Kevin
Truss rod sounds like. Take it to somebody... Even if you've adjusted an electric guitars truss rod before. Should be an easy fix. If the store you bought it from services guitars then take it back up there, most stores have a break in policy (or they should) to cover such things at no expense.

James
I've had the EG341SC for about two years. When I first got it (in winter in Northeast), I began to experience dead frets and buzzing due to humidity issues. Took it for a setup and truss rod adjustment and haven't had a bit of a problem since. Nice guitar, by the way.
perhaps it was a similar problem for me, cause i moved from southeast pennsylvania up to past the pocono mountains. we will see. thank you
it sounds like too much or too little humidity to me - unless you keep your guitar with stress against the neck by leaning it against something for extended periods, for example.

do you use a hygrometer in your home or your guitar case, and check it regularly?

Quote by FenderStrat4
perhaps it was a similar problem for me, cause i moved from southeast pennsylvania up to past the pocono mountains. we will see. thank you