I am doing some work on the floyd rose trem on my old early 90's alvarez dana guitar b/c is hasnt been staying in tune very well, so along with cleaning up the saddles, i think the knife edges might be getting dull. Would i be able to take a knife sharpener and run that across to sharpen it up again, or would that not help at all?
Also, since this is my first time doing this, does anyone have any floyd mainanence tips, or how do you deal with stripped allen wrench (hex) screws? thanks
If you do take a knife sharpener to it, remember it's gonna knock the intonation off. And as far as stripped screws go, take a dremel with a cutting blade and cut a slot so you can use a flathead screwdriver to get it out, and then get new bolts.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
No, you have to use a grinding wheel.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened

ok thanks man. this is just wat i needed
Quote by oneblackened

That seems like it might be a bit much.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
That seems like it might be a bit much.

oh, you'd be surprised. that's the right way to sharpen knife edges - that and files.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.