i have heard that minor scales are the best for solo's. i could be wrong though.

just give me a list please.

thanks
better shred than dead
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Dec 11, 2009,
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
That is ridiculous. Learn theory.

This really is all that needs to be said (apologies)
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by shredda2084
i have heard that minor scales are the best for solo's. i could be wrong though.

thanks

-major/minor (they have the same notes)
-blues 6 tone scale
-bebop and altered stuff

There are no "best" scales - you choose scales based on what you're playing over and what sound you're aiming for...although arguably even that has more to do with note choice and how you actually use the scale rather than the scale itself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by shredda2084

thanks

Here's the list

Major
Minor
Pent Major
Pent Minor
Minor Blues
Major Blues (basically the same as a minor blues played off the relative major)

The reason someone was hostile towards you in their reply, is because the question itself showcased the fact that you dont know what you are talking about - i.e you have no clue about what makes something best , nor do you qualify best. Its like asking what are the best words in the english language, in an attempt to try to learn to communicate with someone. Actually some may view it as laziness or even an attempt to evade theory all together and just "Gimme the answers, I dont want to actually apply myself" like we are some theory vending machine. And frankly, you dont have to evade theory and ask for answers to be spoonfed. You can learn theory.

I don't think you intentionally want to be dumb do you?
Last edited by Sean0913 at Dec 11, 2009,
AAAAAAAAAAh yes i do.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Any scale derived from the chromatic scale can be good over the progressions we use.

Start learning theory, with the major scale, and take things from there.
well it IS kind of a silly question. the best scale to solo with is the one that fits the song. but obviously a good place to start is the pentatonic scale. pentatonics are great because they work over almost any style of music and they are great for embelishing as well. i can add notes to it very easily and then come back to the "safe notes" if i get to far out there.

learn your major, minor and pentatonics and you should be set for most music. just worry about those for now. and some theory can only help.