Maybe you saw the thread I started asking what the value of a 94-95 Fender Stratocaster made in the Fuji, Japan factory was worth as I was thinking about buying it. Well, here it is. Seriously, like new. The original owner bought it, played it a couple times, then put it away...so it pretty much sat as is since she bought it new in 95. Found it on Craigslist, and couldn't believe it hadn't sold already...I paid $200 for it.

Now I'm off to take it for a test flight

Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
Last edited by evo462 at Dec 11, 2009,
great steal! HNGD. red, pretty!
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I don't know what the "official" Fender name for it is, but it's kind of a ruby/metallic paint.
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
Holy shit balls that is a beautiful guitar!!

Best color for a strat too! Great choice and HNGD!
Love that red, really pops! Your truss rod adjustment is the type you have to remove the neck for which is something Fender has done off & on throughout the years. Harder to tweek it is all.
No doubt that is a QUALITY Guitar! HNGD!!!!!
Moving on.....
i have never played a strat before but doing some scales and chords im really diggin the neck profile...i mainly played les pauls with 59 style necks before which seem to be thicker and more rounded than the neck on this one. my only amp right now is a micro cube but it does the job
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
i recall reading something about noiseless pixkups for strats? because there is a faint but present statix or buzz on most of the pickup switch settings...i suppose it could be the crap cable im using too
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
No, that's just what having single coils is.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
ok...thought so...all my previous guitars have had humbuckers...guess that is where a humbucker got its name huh
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
Best strat red imo, happy ngd!
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
a 15 years old mint Fender MIJ for 200 bucks? Unbelievable, that thing would be like at least 7 times more expensive were I live...
Last edited by kazetuner at Dec 11, 2009,
Where do you live? Australia or the UK?

I'm a self proclaimed deal master. I bought my Edwards gold top Les Paul for $500 in new condition (sold it regrettably...very very very regrettably) and just bought another like new one for $500.

Sometimes, deals are just too good to pass up...and this was one of those instances.

I've been playing a little bit of Alice in Chains on it tonight...so far so good!
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
$200 american?

if it is american then you got a great guitar for less than epiphone costs

HNGD and great find on the deal
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
200 american dollars...not american strat though if thats what you meant
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
Quote by evo462
Where do you live? Australia or the UK?

Argentina. Guitars are ****in' expensive here. For instance, the most similar guitar to yours I could find on the internet here was a '95 SQUIER strat MIJ, for $650.
Great deal...$90 less then the metallic blue MIM I just bought. The finish on your Strat is absolutely beautiful.
The fingertips on my left hand are raw...I haven't played in several months and I can't put this thing down. My callouses apparently healed.

Argentina. Guitars are ****in' expensive here. For instance, the most similar guitar to yours I could find on the internet here was a '95 SQUIER strat MIJ, for $650.

That sucks! I browse guitars on ebay a lot and I see people practically begging US sellers to ship out of the country, even offering to cover all the shipping expenses. Now I know why.
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
Last edited by evo462 at Dec 11, 2009,
i also have a 95 mij 62 ri strat

there damn good guitars
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Beautiful guitar and a GREAT deal in my opinion.
Enjoy it.

Gear:
'00 Fender SRV Strat MIA
'95 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric (Mod. AEG20E - VV)
Fender Super-Champ XD Amp
Boss Loop Station Pedal
Hope, fear, confusion, no natural talent.
what a bargain, nice man
Current Gear:
2010 American Fender Stratocaster Deluxe White
Oakridge Resonator
Maton Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic

Peavey Envoy 110(40 watt)
nice find!! you got that for a steal... i got my american standard brand new out of the box for 720... and i thought i got a good deal... the jap strats are awesome!
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
This thing stays in tune really well! I've been doing a bunch of bends, fiddling around with the trem, etc...checked it again this morning...still right in tune. That's more than can be said for the Ibanex RG350EX I once had.
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501