I currently have a Mesa Dual Rec Roadster and 4X12 cab. That is kinda hard to move around so I'm looking for a comparable combo amp that I can fit in my car. I was thinking of a Peavey JSX 212 Joe Satriani Combo Amp. Would that give me most of the same tones as my Mesa?
The JSX sounds very similar to Mesa amps, yes, but the Mesa is far superior in my opinion. Have you considered a Mesa combo amp?
Yeah I thought about a Mesa Nomad. I had one and sold it for my Roadster. I don't really want to get a Roadster combo because if I'm going to buy another amp, might as well get something at least a little different that I have. I mean I don't want to go to the extreme and get a Fender Twin or anything.
Bugera 6260/6262
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL401
Also, the Nomad would be great, though it may be a bit of a step down from your Dual Rec.
So I go into GC today to buy an amp. I see a Peavy JSX on clearance for $699. That can't be right can it? I ask the sales guy. He said it has been sold twice and brought back for repair problems. It is being sold as is all sales final. Well crap I don't want to spend that on an amp then have it crap out on me a month later. So I continue to look around.

They have a used Mesa Nomad for $749 or a Bugera 6262 2X12 for $499. I play on the Bugera for a while and finally buy it. After playing it for a while longer at home this thing might be a little much for me. I A/B'd it with my Mesa and no question it has plenty of gain. For the lead channel I have the gain set at 2. However compared to my Mesa it is not nearly as tight and punchy dirty (I usually use ch 3 not 4 for my dist) and the clean channel isn't as warm as my Mesa either. Does anything have any ideas about how I can get it to tighten up a little bit.

Don't get me wrong this is a great amp. If you are playing in a strait up metal band, this is the amp for you. And you simply can't beat it for the price.