Due to much overzealous use, my Sennheiser CX-500 headphones have broken. I thought that the big ass chunky jack would prevent it from breaking like every other pair of headphones I've used, but it would seem something I'm doing is just snapping the connections. It's a bitch. The speaker parts of the headphones would appear to work just fine, 'cause when I fiddle the end of the cable, the sound comes in and out, so my current plan is to cut the jack off and replace it with an EVEN CHUNKIER ONE. Until I can do this, are there any quick fixes that will keep the ends of the cable that go into the jack from becoming disconnected making the sound cut out? Also, for the bonus points, any suggestions as to how to stop this from happening again?
kthanx
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by mythicaldude
You sure it's the jack?
Not just one of the wires into one of the speakers been pulled?

I am certain it is the jack. It only cuts out when the cable going into the jack is at a particular angle, not into the speakers. Also it would make most sense for it to be the jack because there is a kink when it sticks out of my pocket.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
Quote by sg255
I am certain it is the jack. It only cuts out when the cable going into the jack is at a particular angle, not into the speakers. Also it would make most sense for it to be the jack because there is a kink when it sticks out of my pocket.

Why not just get a complete re-cable, then? Headphone audiophiles do it all the time for better sound, but I'm sure you could scout out one that's cheap enough and extremely durable.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
Quote by i_don't_know
Why not just get a complete re-cable, then? Headphone audiophiles do it all the time for better sound, but I'm sure you could scout out one that's cheap enough and extremely durable.

That's pretty much what I intend to do, I was just asking for something I can do at half past midnight so I can listen to music now. Somehow I doubt my neighbour would appreciate me playing Fuck Buttons through my speakers at this hour. However I have found some shitty phones that are doing the job.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER