So I was looking at eq pedals for christmas when I heard that a second hand rack could shape my sound well.

Comparing a 31-band eq to a 10-band eq pedal was no hard decision for me. I'd be using this rack for general home use so portability is not a problem. I'm guessing I just put it in series between guitar and amp.

Here is what I've been looking... http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_q1311.htm
Any opinions on this eq would be appriciated.

I don't really no too much about rack mounted EQ's and wondered if they colour the tone more than guitar pedal eq's such as the 10-band MXR.
Eq's don't color tone at all. They just boost or cut frequencies while maintaining your original tone.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Thats cheap for an eq assuming it's decent. I have no experience with it.

General knowledge (dont hit me) is that rack processors, having a "more space" to build MIGHT have better processing and less signal coloring but dont quote me on that.

Also has more space to cover more frequencies so it should help You shape ur tone better

Also peavey doesnt make cheap *ss equipment (some are really cheap and thats an example but not so cheap ull throw it away)
Quote by JoePerry4life
Eq's don't color tone at all. They just boost or cut frequencies while maintaining your original tone.

Therefore "shaping" his tone
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."