Can anybody list some songs of him that will help me get a hold of his style?

I'm not really a fan so I don't know alot of songs. My friends were playing guitar hero and they started his guitar battle. I thought, Damn his style is pretty cool. I should learn it.

So any suggestions of his songs? Doesn't have to be GNR though.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
technique...

he alt. picks

he uses ALOT of minor scales( melodic, Harmonic, NAtural) and Minor pentatonic. He usually mixes both minor pentatonic and minor scales together when creating a solo...

When he solos, he is known to use the rhythm pick up ( neck pick up) to get that bassy, warm sound.... and wah pedal too

his rhythm is very bluesy.
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
Quote by Mangohabs
...great post

Quote by Headphonehead
@ Cobracarg: 1 word:Genius!!!
Ok can we stop sucking this dudes dick and deal with my question?
play loose and sloppy and base everything around the minor pentatonic and use accidentals
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
play loose and sloppy and base everything around the minor pentatonic and use accidentals

wut?
Learn the November Rain solos. He plays really well in that song.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Crank up that Marshall amp, plug in a gorgeous tobacco burst LP, select the neck pickup, turn down the tone knob a little, and let that shit roll
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah baby.
So really, I would recommend getting a good hold on the minor pentatonic, which he uses a lot. Also, try learning all the open chords he uses, since learning the rhythms will really help with understanding the solos
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Practice a lot of pull-offs and hammer-ons. He has one of the best styles because of this techinique.

A pretty easy song which rocks is "Sweet Child O Mine" one of the most epic rock songs of our generation.
Quote by doza808
Practice a lot of pull-offs and hammer-ons. He has one of the best styles because of this techinique.

A pretty easy song which rocks is "Sweet Child O Mine" one of the most epic rock songs of our generation.

Agreed
Learn Sweet Child O Mine
If you want something short and simple but dramatic, try 'Don't Cry'.
Or for something softer, 'Knockin on Heaven's Door'
How have you never heard Slash play before seeing him in GH?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
He pretty much just uses the minor pentatonic with accidentals. the blues scale, the minor scale, and harmonic minor work pretty well. whoever said he alt picks a lot is retarded, he uses excessive legato (hammer ons, pull offs, and slides) in his playing. practice your bends. his style is pretty much the blues, only louder and with his take on it. if you really want to learn his style, you have to learn the stuff that influenced him, thin lizzy, aerosmith, ac/dc, and such. also try learning some of his rhythms, those will help you understand him. some solo's to check out would be sweet child o'mine, fall to pieces (its a VR song, easy solo, not that fast, but it captures the essence of his playing, great example), november rain.