Poll: Should the "noble" be required to do so?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should the "noble" be required to do so?
Yes
2 33%
No
4 67%
Voters: 6.
What are your views on it? Should it be required of those more than fortunate?

Unrelated to the poll: how would you feel about it if it was, to some degree, required by law, and you yourself fell under the "noble" category?
Damme, sir, those blasted politicos are taking liberties.
Of course, one understands that thre income tax is still necessary - why, we still haven't conclusively defeated those damned Crapauds, but it hardly seems like we're even trying anymore.
Wilkins, bring me some sherry, would you? There's a good chap.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Elaborate.

Quote by Wikipedia
"Noblesse oblige" is generally used to imply that with wealth, power and prestige come responsibilities. In American English especially, the term has also been applied more broadly to those who are capable of simple acts to help another, usually one who is less fortunate.

IE, should the rich help the poor, due to their higher social standing?

Or, should those who have a higher social standing, regardless of wealth, try to contribute to the well-being of those who have a lesser status in society?
Damn, I came into this thread thinking it was about the armored core AC.

But yes, I do think so
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
they should but not by force of law
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Yes they should. And "philanthropists" today don't help much. Sure they donate a few million to charities but they earn way ten times that in a year.
Quote by pigeonmafia
Damn, I came into this thread thinking it was about the armored core AC.

But yes, I do think so

Huh, I'm not alone then. Good.

But yes, they should
Quote by thanksgiving
That is quite unique...

Quote by navarreguitaris
What? She said "just solder it back together"?

Quote by JacobTheMe

"Hey guys check out this cool penis!"

LOL
Quote by nrig adr
IE, should the rich help the poor, due to their higher social standing?

Or, should those who have a higher social standing, regardless of wealth, try to contribute to the well-being of those who have a lesser status in society?

That is a fairly misleading definition of "noblesse oblige". What is meant by "noblesse oblige" is the sustaining of a heirarchial class system and aristocracy by charity and sense of duty towards the lower classes.
Quote by Nosferatu Man
That is a fairly misleading definition of "noblesse oblige". What is meant by "noblesse oblige" is the sustaining of a heirarchial class system and aristocracy by charity and sense of duty towards the lower classes.

From my perspective, it has nothing to do with that. The higher ranks of a hierarchy can be self-sufficient, up to a certain point, and they don't actually need to influence anybody in order to survive.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Good find.

It's not that difficult anymore

Find the smart person with the anagrammatic name, and you're bound to find me.