Hey everyone. I'm going to be getting the Blackheart Little Giant for Christmas? I was wondering... Combo or stack?

Thanks.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Honey Burst

Blackheart Little Giant Half Stack

Fulltone OCD

Alvarez Acoustic

More to come!
Combo - more portable, depends on personal preference
Stack - More upgradable (cab), depending on number of speakers better sound projection

Are u going to gig?
Which ever is cheaper. If I remember correctly, the stack only has a 1x10(or12?) so it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Not with 5 watts I won't be.

Portability sounds nice, but I also like the versatility of hooking up some other cabs maybe. Will a stack project sound better? Like in a sense making it louder than a combo? Or vice versa?

And the speaker cab is a 1X12. FWIW

Fulltone OCD

Alvarez Acoustic

More to come!
Get the head and a different 2x12

2x12 is definantly my favorite cab size I think...Big lows but they are still tight as hell.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
It won't be louder, and its very possible to gig with 5 watts. Miced or cranked might get above the drummer without cleans. I'd say grab head/cab in case you want to buy a small head in the future then you just need the head.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Get the head and a different 2x12

2x12 is definantly my favorite cab size I think...Big lows but they are still tight as hell.

Yeah that was my first choice but for money reasons, I can't afford that.

So will they both be as loud?

Fulltone OCD

Alvarez Acoustic

More to come!
Quote by Pickup Switch
Yeah that was my first choice but for money reasons, I can't afford that.

So will they both be as loud?
The combo should actually be a little louder, as it is open-backed. Volume shouldn't be too much of a worry though. The 1x12 will sound a little tighter, more bassy, and also more compressed. Suited a little bit more for heavier styles. The open-backed will sound a little fuller throughout the room, as you have the speaker pushing out the back too. Maybe a little more suited to surf-rock or something. Definantly play both kinds of cabs and see which you like more. What kind of music do you like? You can always get a closed-back cab later, run tha combo to that too, and get the best of both worlds.

I still say that you should just save the money for a month or two and get a better cab. How old are you? Got a job?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Dec 11, 2009,
I play classic rock and blues. Think AC/DC Led Zep, Cream, etc. And I would really like to get a job over the summer or so. Buy more gear.

So I guess a plus with the cab is you dont have to worry about matching impedances and speaker cables and such right?

And also what is this I hear about tube rattle in smaller tube amps? I know the Marshall Class 5 had the problem but Marshall did infact resolve this issue.

Fulltone OCD

Alvarez Acoustic

More to come!
I'd go for a nice 2x12. You get some portability without having to bring 4 speakers, but you also get a fuller sound.

You also have more upgradable possibilities; new head and speakers.

EDIT: You still have to match speaker impedances!

And I wouldn't say it was worrying, it really isn't anything big, you just need to make sure they are matched.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Last edited by LezPaulEpiphone at Dec 11, 2009,