Ok so I have been looking for a backup for my gibson for a while and I went to my music store and they have these funny looking guitars I have never heard of before hangin on the wall. I pick one up and this baby plays like it was crafted from seal blubber and angels tears (extremely nice). The sound is right there to match. I am wondering if anybody owns a Cole Clark and if you've had any problems with it craftsmanship, electronics. etc? I appreciate it.
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
Last edited by dakotajoe at Dec 11, 2009,
I own an FL1A (pic in profile). I've had it for almost 2 years, no problems. I highly recommend them.
dude, i'm not an aussie, but the cole clark guitar i played was very nice with no issues. they're very well thought of by the people i know who own them.
i recorded a guitarist the other day who played one. Seemed like a very nice guitar indeed. He rated above the similar priced martins etc. I know people like Jack Johnson and Ben Harper play them too
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dakotajoe
Ok so I have been looking for a backup for my gibson for a while and I went to my music store and they have these funny looking guitars I have never heard of before hangin on the wall. I pick one up and this baby plays like it was crafted from seal blubber and angels tears (extremely nice). The sound is right there to match. I am wondering if anybody owns a Cole Clark and if you've had any problems with it craftsmanship, electronics. etc? I appreciate it.

I've also never heard of any problems with Cole Clarks. Generally very highly regarded as a manufacturer. Some say they're much better than similar priced Matons, which are also Australian.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
They are well known and very highly regarded here in Aus. I believe the company was setup by a couple of guys who used to work for Maton. A lot of people seem to prefer them to Maton now. There are a lot of well known musicians here who use them..

Because we get shafted here pricewise with anything made overseas (eg Martin, taylor, Gibson etc etc) you can often get a much better locally made Cole Clark or Maton for a similar price or cheaper