I just got an ESP ltd m400, and the locking nuts are supposed keep it in tune right? Every time i tune it correctly into place, i tighten the nuts afterwards, then when i use the tremolo, the high e, B and sometimes the G and D strings go out of tune after about an hour of using it. I dont press the bar all the way down or all the way up either. The fine tuners are all lined up (adjusted when needed too) and the strings go so far out of tune that i cant use the fine tuners.

So is it a problem with the guitar? or just a using the tremolo too much?
is your trem parallel to the body when you tune? if not, that's why.

is your trem an LFR? if so, then, thats why.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
well the mh400 come with licesened floyds which arent put under the same stress and coating treatments as the originals, thus they dont hold tune as well, some are better than others, my M200 holds tune like an original floyd. really youve got 3 options that i can think of 1. block the floyd, which you most likely dont want to do because it does sound freakin sweet, 2. get locking tuners.3. buy and original floyd and retrofit
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Locking tuners will be a complete waste of money with a Floyd equipped guitar.
Make sure its set up properly, and try a little bit of Chapstick on the knife edges. Rotate the trem posts a half turn, put the Chapstick on the post, where the knife edge is in contact with it, and turn it back to where it was. The chapstick can help to let the trem return to position properly. I dont think thats what problem you have, but it still helps.
Quote by littlephil
Locking tuners will be a complete waste of money with a Floyd equipped guitar.
Make sure its set up properly, and try a little bit of Chapstick on the knife edges. Rotate the trem posts a half turn, put the Chapstick on the post, where the knife edge is in contact with it, and turn it back to where it was. The chapstick can help to let the trem return to position properly. I dont think thats what problem you have, but it still helps.

this. thats one of the main reasons why FR's were invented. i still say the trem is probably unlevel.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Since it's a new guitar, was it off of the floor stock, or was it packaged in a box and everything? Your strings may need to simply be stretched before they'll keep pitch.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Check this link out it will help you a lot.
http://www.shredaholic.com/floydrosesetup.html
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by randomhero93

There's no reason a well set up LFR can't function properly...
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
could be you are not tightening down the locking nuts tight enough.

Strings could be still stretching.

Bridge not level.

There are MANY things that could be to blame
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by randomhero93

No, just no. Seriously if I ever see you sprouting this bullshit again I will hunt you down and slap you personally for being on a bandwagon that doesn't exist mainly because those on the bandwagon realise how much of a stupid blanket statement that was. So if you ever think about saying such bullshit like that ever again click the log out button after you post your reply otherwise you will just look like an even bigger fool then you do right now.
tighten your nuts a little more, so that when you wail on your whammy bar you don't fall out of tune.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by psychokiller99
tighten your nuts a little more, so that when you wail on your whammy bar you don't fall out of tune.

Yo did you quote me before telling me it's the internet or something? Did you realise what I was on about?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Yo did you quote me before telling me it's the internet or something? Did you realise what I was on about?

yeah, i hate posting in dead threads and I thought this one was dead. But since it isn't I said "dude this is the internet. What the **** are you doing?"
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by psychokiller99
yeah, i hate posting in dead threads and I thought this one was dead. But since it isn't I said "dude this is the internet. What the **** are you doing?"

Ha yeah I'm making sure people don't sprout random bullshit. It's hard enough making sure people stop confusing LTD models with ESP models but when others go around saying LFR's are always the problem well then yeah **** that.
are you gonna go out and find and then beat his ass?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's