Hey most of you bass players out there know who Victor Wooten is because hes one of the best but because hes the best it's amazingly hard to learn anything from him. I'm trying to earn his song 'The Lesson' and i got the intro down but after that it just overwhelms me and i can't figure it out. Does anyone have any idea how to find a tab of it or even some sheet music. It would be much appreciated if you could.
The Flecktones' open-ended mindset also propels Wooten's recently-released solo album A Show of Hands. Comprised solely of his jaw-dropping fretwork and vocals, the disc makes a strong case for the bass as a lead instrument. In fact, the album goes so far beyond conventional ideas about the instrument that listeners often forget they're hearing virtually nothing but bass.

Wooten uses one of the most unique techniques ever devised in the electric bass guitar's short history. He visualizes his thumb as a pick and through a series of rapid-fire up-and-down strokes, uses it to punch out amazingly intricate and eloquent sounds. The method enables him to perform solo on his bass with impressive flexibility, subtlety, warmth, and lyricism.

Whether it's classical music, jazz standards, funk workouts or quiet, folksy pieces, Wooten is able to deliver on his instrument. That's evident throughout A Show of Hands' 10 tracks. But he realizes no matter how diverse and expansive his music sounds, there are listeners who will refuse to see past the bass guitar's traditional role as a supporting instrument. He asks that those people listen instead.

This interview delves deep into Wooten's muse. It explores the Nashville resident's philosophy of "peace above all" and how it applies to his music, life and family. We also journey through the art of "lead bass" and his evolution as a player and composer.
Quote by shareen777
The Flecktones' open-ended mindset also propels Wooten's recently-released solo album A Show of Hands. Comprised solely of his jaw-dropping fretwork and vocals, the disc makes a strong case for the bass as a lead instrument. In fact, the album goes so far beyond conventional ideas about the instrument that listeners often forget they're hearing virtually nothing but bass.

Wooten uses one of the most unique techniques ever devised in the electric bass guitar's short history. He visualizes his thumb as a pick and through a series of rapid-fire up-and-down strokes, uses it to punch out amazingly intricate and eloquent sounds. The method enables him to perform solo on his bass with impressive flexibility, subtlety, warmth, and lyricism.

Whether it's classical music, jazz standards, funk workouts or quiet, folksy pieces, Wooten is able to deliver on his instrument. That's evident throughout A Show of Hands' 10 tracks. But he realizes no matter how diverse and expansive his music sounds, there are listeners who will refuse to see past the bass guitar's traditional role as a supporting instrument. He asks that those people listen instead.

This interview delves deep into Wooten's muse. It explores the Nashville resident's philosophy of "peace above all" and how it applies to his music, life and family. We also journey through the art of "lead bass" and his evolution as a player and composer.

What the hell are you talking about. You didnt reply to his question at all. I personally cant answer it but sorry I just had to say thats the most ridiculous reply I've ever seen