Ok I know a little bit about arpeggios, I know that they are the notes used to construct chords, so you can have major, minor, diminished arpeggios etc. Now here is my problem, the only time I ever hear anyone talk about using arpeggios they are sweeping them. Its hard for me to think of any example of a slowly played arpeggio and was wondering if anyone could point me to some youtube videos or any other thing that may be helpful in showing me how to make arpeggios cool without necessarily sweeping them, because my speed just isn't there and sweeping is years out of my reach still. Also any song suggestions where they play slower arpeggios would be brutally cool too!

thanks in advance.
There are very many songs that use arpeggios. Way too many to list, just look for some songs with them by bands/artists that you like.
burn it down by avenged sevenfold has some arpeggios in the intro, they are fast though. my bands one song has a slow arpeggio solo if you wanna hear it as well, called Dawn of a New age on my bands myspace.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Didn't think of house of the rising sun...nice...the whole song is an arpeggio damn near lol

Anyone know any songs that have slower arpeggios just thrown in somewhere? Maybe just one here or there throughout the song, im just really wanting to analyze and see how to fit them in with other stuff surrounding them.
When you have time, analyze some written music where you can see the melody (or solo) with the chords written above it. Determine which of the notes are in the chord written above vs outside of the chord. What you'll see in many cases is all of the notes of the melody are contained in the chords - basically notes of the arpeggio played out of sequence. Sometimes there will be an extra note thrown in to connect two chord tones, but a lot of melodies rely heavily on chord tones.

This isn't true for all music, sometimes the solo can be very "outside" of the chords, but in a lot of cases the notes played over the chords are chord tones. Arpeggios aren't just for sweeping, the are also used to create melodies and leads you that don't sound like strict going up the arpeggio and down. Going through an arpeggio in a linear fashion could sound predicatable.
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica.
lel
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Listen to the chorus of Sing for Absolution by Muse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTQivzPp0nY the chorus starts on an arpeggio that isn't sweep picked. A lot of songs have arpeggios that aren't sweep picked. The beginning of Good Riddance (Time of your Life) by Green day is basically Arpeggios of some basic chords. Also be sure to check out "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" by Radiohead; the entire song is arpeggios.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V949yf33Qo Street Spirit (Fade Out).
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!