Hey... my old music teacher had an "electronic" sort of guitar. Basically, it had buttons at every fret for every string, and they would light up when u touch them, and it had a set of 6 "strings" at the body of the guitar where you strum them, however these strings stop before they reach the fretboard, which, as I've already said has buttons you push down to simulate fretting a real electric guitar. When you strum the fake "strings", it produces a pre-recorded guitar voicing from the speakers on the guitar (can also be plugged into a real amp). It's basically the guitar equivalent of an electronic drum kit I would say. I'm trying to find out what they are called. I've lost contact with my teacher, and I have been googling nonstop, I'm trying to find out what exactly are these types of guitars called? I've googled Electronic Guitar and other things such as "Virtual Guitar", "Guitar Simulator" but haven't been able to find one of these online. I was just wondering if anyone has ever come across one of these before, I would just like to know the technical name for it and possibly a link to one of em because I'm trying to look around at a few of em, any help is appreciated, if you don't have any idea what I'm talking about then that's cool, thnx for reading nonetheless If this is the wrong section, I'm sorry, but I really wasn't sure where to put this!
Yeah, theyre called guitar hero controllers, pick em up from your local games store =)
yeah, i've seen those before. i'm sorry, i don't know what technical name would be. good luck in your search though.
Quote by kennykenny
Yeah, theyre called guitar hero controllers, pick em up from your local games store =)

that doesn't have the strings like what is described
Quote by kennykenny

That was a funny joke!

Wait, no it wasn't.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Kevy Absolution
That was a funny joke!

Wait, no it wasn't.

I really care about your opinion!

Wait, no I don't...
Quote by metalmlitiachaz
i searched electonic guitar on guitar center and came up with this.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-EZAG-Self-Teaching-Electronic-Training-Guitar-102467248-i1275598.gc

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for. The exact guitat my old teacher had I believe. I don't know why the magic of google has failed me by not being able to return this result, but thanks for saving me more hours of headache
Quote by Riffdex
Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for. The exact guitat my old teacher had I believe. I don't know why the magic of google has failed me by not being able to return this result, but thanks for saving me more hours of headache

no probelm. yeah, i had seen them b4 so i just went to guitar center's site and typed electronic guitar in their search bar. i know when you can't find what you're looking for, it's a real pain.