Hey, I've looked all over Google to help me out with this, but I haven't found any lessons that help at all, half the stuff I don't even understand, and i have no idea where to start!!! I have like 0 knowledge of theory, so if anyone has a site they used or something please post it! Thanks
How to make my own chord progressions. I want to know how to put good sounding chords together, but I don't know where to start.
That's the first thing I suppose you should know, or nothing else will make sense.

What can you invest into this? For example a lot of people cant afford a teacher or there's not one nearby, so they set out all over the internet looking for ways to find the information free. The problem is, you're stuck with what you find. Free may be free but it may also be confusing, and you're left on your own to figure it out. There are lots of methods here, presumably which teach theory and the notes on the neck/and the musical alphabet.

Do you consider yourself lazy and or impatient, when it comes to the time and effort that it might take to learn?
i would also suggest learning the musical alphabet and where the notes are on you guitar first
Quote by Sean0913
That's the first thing I suppose you should know, or nothing else will make sense.

What can you invest into this? For example a lot of people cant afford a teacher or there's not one nearby, so they set out all over the internet looking for ways to find the information free. The problem is, you're stuck with what you find. Free may be free but it may also be confusing, and you're left on your own to figure it out. There are lots of methods here, presumably which teach theory and the notes on the neck/and the musical alphabet.

Do you consider yourself lazy and or impatient, when it comes to the time and effort that it might take to learn?

I took guitar lessons for a year, the teacher was amazing but we never really got around to stuff like this because money was a problem and I had to stop taking lessons. I think I'm a bit impatient when it comes to time and effort.
You should learn scales and intervals before chord construction.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
basic chords in tertiary harmony are based on stacking intervals of the major scale. for e.g:

c major, one of the first chords you learn, built from the c major scale is, in brackets:

(C) D (E) F (G) A B = CEG. you can see here that a tertiary chord is made of a 1, 3 and 5 of the scale degrees. other chords are possible, like a C major 7 = CEGB. Also, theres stuff like quartal harmony and sus voicings used by some guys like mcoy tyner that use 1-4-7 etc.

for minor chords, there are a number of ways to do this but the simplest way is to find ur major chord ie C major CEG and flatten the 3rd, so C minor would be C Eb G

start with these then work ur way to more complicated chords
if u want to learn chords, try this

c major = C D E F G A B

start on the C and stack intervals the way i did before to form C E G. notice that there are 4 semitones between C and E ( C#, D, D# and E) and 3 semitones between E and G (F, F#, G). these are the functions of a major chord. a minor chord is reversed (3 semitones and then 4)

Next, start on the D and form a chord = D F A. Notice that D to F (D#, E, F) is 3 semitones, making it a minor chord. Do this for all chords and you will end up with

Cmaj
Dmin
Emin
FMaj
GMaj
AMin
BMin

once you get more advanced at this, G major turns into G Dominant (it has a b7 rather than a 7 like Cmajor and Fmajor have, and Bmin becomes a half diminished chord (has a b5 rather than a natural 5) but make sure you get the other stuff down

start with C major and do these for all keys and youll have a better understanding of chord progressions in your given key, and how to modulate smoothly between key

Lastly, when you get more advanced youll see small differences in the chords. for example, in Cmajor, the Dminor can become a Dminor9, but the Eminor chord lacks a 9th (in the key of c major), which is an F#