So I'm completely stumped on what to do here. There are these 2 guitars that I really want:

RR3 (2008 Model)

or

RX10D

The obvious choice would be the RR3. The problem is, the 2008 model only comes in black and I'm not a fan of black guitars, its just too plain. It doesn't help that all the hardware is black too. The only reason I want the RX10D more is because I really like the Trans Blue color, but the guitar is also $50 more.

So help me out guys. Is it better to have an awesome guitar with a finish that I'll hate(RR3), or a less awesome guitar with a finish thats really cool that I'll like (RX10D)?
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
Quote by LiquidFear
Trans blue is $675 isnt it?

No, $550.
Quote by U-neek

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
I click the Trans blue colour, and it comes up with $674.99.
never used this site before so maybe im wrong?

Edit: nvm wrong colour
If you can not find the guitar you want in the color you want you have a few choices.
1,buy the color what you can get and re-finish the guitar.
2,buy the black one and live with it but, if your not happy with the guitar in any way chances are you wont bond with it.
3,look into a totally different guitar with the color and features you want.

It might sound strange but a guitar is a very personal item. Get what makes you happy and never sacrifice or compromise. If money is the issue save some more.Above all else try before you buy.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
It might sound strange but a guitar is a very personal item. Get what makes you happy and never sacrifice or compromise. If money is the issue save some more.Above all else try before you buy.

Well I've never seen the black one is person. I'm just going by the pictures. I have a JS30 RR in blue. On the guitar center website, the pictures of it looked really bad, and the finish looked crappy, but I really wanted it in blue so I got it anyways. When it finally came and I saw it, it looked nothing like the pictures. It was a lot darker and much more appealing.

So maybe I shouldn't go by just the pictures? If anyone has any personal pictures of their Black RR3 I'd really appreciate it.
Quote by U-neek

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
Quote by Rokeman
Apparently the 2009 RR3 model comes in Trans Blue, though admittedly that would cost more, but you get the guitar, and colour you want.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Rhoads-Body&page=1&product=2913000803

Thats why I want the 2008 model. I cant afford the 2009 model.
Quote by U-neek

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
Quote by Livewire8195
Thats why I want the 2008 model. I cant afford the 2009 model.

If you saved up, or somehow found a used one, it would be well worth it in the end though. It sounds like either way you're going to be disapointed with the two guitars you have lined up. Maybe there's another similar guitar you could find?
Quote by Rokeman
If you saved up, or somehow found a used one, it would be well worth it in the end though. It sounds like either way you're going to be disapointed with the two guitars you have lined up. Maybe there's another similar guitar you could find?

Whats the difference between the 08 model and the 09 model?
Quote by U-neek

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
Quote by Livewire8195
Whats the difference between the 08 model and the 09 model?

They seem to have the same specs, from looking on the net, but I haven't personally played these guitars.
I say save a bit longer and buy what you really want, I promise you that three months after settling on one of the other two, you'll be annoyed at yourself for not waiting.
Quote by potatohead_33
I say save a bit longer and buy what you really want, I promise you that three months after settling on one of the other two, you'll be annoyed at yourself for not waiting.

Well, I'm only 14 and have no way of making money. This is going to be a Christmas gift from my mom and dad.

Since there aren't any differences in the 08 and 09 models, I'm probably just going to the RR3.
Quote by U-neek

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M