I recently bought a guitar, and while I was at the store I noticed a very good looking guitar(well, at least for my taste). I researched a little bit more, and I found out that it was a Gibson Firebird. I was wondering if anyone know of a Firebird model that has a floating tremolo on it, like a Floyd Rose style bridge.
None I'm aware of. A few have vibrolas or Bigsby style vibratos, but I've never seen one with any kind of double locking vibrato bridge like a Floyd. Generally speaking, the tone and feel of Firebirds, not to mention the weight balance, aren't things that mesh well with the sort of playing style that uses Floyd bridges. I'm not saying it's impossible for anyone to like the combination of a Firebird and a Floyd, just that it's not an even remotely popular cofiguration so to the best of my knowledge, it has never been made. Typically Firebirds are used more for rhtyhm style playing that rarely uses any kind of vibrato, and for lead playing they're more of a blues-rock and classic rock guitar. Their mini-bucker pickups also don't really lend themselves too well to anything other than low-gain classic rock.

A company like Warmoth can make you a Firebird body with a Floyd Rose bridge rout, but then that guitar will be a bolt-on whereas a lot of the Firebirds tone and feel come from it's neck-through construction.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
None I'm aware of. A few have vibrolas or Bigsby style vibratos, but I've never seen one with any kind of double locking vibrato bridge like a Floyd. Generally speaking, the tone and feel of Firebirds, not to mention the weight balance, aren't things that mesh well with the sort of playing style that uses Floyd bridges. I'm not saying it's impossible for anyone to like the combination of a Firebird and a Floyd, just that it's not an even remotely popular cofiguration so to the best of my knowledge, it has never been made. Typically Firebirds are used more for rhtyhm style playing that rarely uses any kind of vibrato, and for lead playing they're more of a blues-rock and classic rock guitar. Their mini-bucker pickups also don't really lend themselves too well to anything other than low-gain classic rock.

A company like Warmoth can make you a Firebird body with a Floyd Rose bridge rout, but then that guitar will be a bolt-on whereas a lot of the Firebirds tone and feel come from it's neck-through construction.

this man knows his shit!
Well he does, so . . . .
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??