So I'm on a serious budget. I have a 15W Spider III (life sucks, right?)

The piece can't run effect through it for shit, and I hear that Tube Amps are what I need to run effects well.

So I'm looking for suggestions. A good amp that will run effect through it well. Pedals, processor, whatever. At least 50W and I'm good.

BTW I play Punk, Ska, and Metal. Have a blast.
Quote by Grindar
Said "mmmmgrbllll?", and proceed to fornicate with the omelets.

Quote by magnus_maximus
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or ejaculate.
Anythign with a good clean tone really, maybe a fender blues junior?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
iv been reading a bit abuot amps and pedal usage, basically if you are on a budget you could try look for a solid state amp while avoiding modeling amps. I am still looking for an amp that fits my needs though...

Although contrary to what i just said, i read on a few forum posts that Roland Cubes running the JC120 setting can take pedals. I cannot confirm though.
Quote by TwilightX
So I'm on a serious budget. I have a 15W Spider III (life sucks, right?)

The piece can't run effect through it for shit, and I hear that Tube Amps are what I need to run effects well.

So I'm looking for suggestions. A good amp that will run effect through it well. Pedals, processor, whatever. At least 50W and I'm good.

BTW I play Punk, Ska, and Metal. Have a blast.

believe me you do not need anywhere NEAR 50 watts. my 30 watt AC30 has enough volume to knock paint off my walls. believe me... you do NOT need anything bigger than 30 watts. you are associating the wattage with what you are used to, Solid State. but in reality a 10 watt tube is equal to a 30 watt solid state, so a 50 watt tube is equal to a 150 watt solid state. the volume is truly ball quaking. in order to get an amp with that much power sounding good, the tubes really have to be cooking, meaning unbearable volume levels. otherwise you suffer from the disappointment of unsatisfactory sound.

whats your budget?
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 12, 2009,
I'd love to be able to pay $350 or under. That'd be ideal.

High School income can eat my nuts.
Quote by Grindar
Said "mmmmgrbllll?", and proceed to fornicate with the omelets.

Quote by magnus_maximus
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or ejaculate.
maybe a used peavey classic 30. takes pedals well, good cleans, decent gain and has an effects loop. and you can pick them up pretty cheap used if you look hard enough. otherwise, maybe look for a used fender blues junior. very good cleans and a nice place to build your pedals on.