Hey I wanna replace the tubes in my amp. Its an ac 30. I play in a shoegaze band. Any advice would be appreciated Thanks, Dave
Peter Frampton: "Homer Simpson wrecks my pig, Cypress Hill steals my orchestra.... and Sonic Youth is in my cooler! Get outta there you kids!"

Thurston Moore: "Come on Mr. Frampton... you're not gonna eat all that watermelon..."
The tubes are stock and I just feel like theres something more appropriate out there. Im always trying to sound better i guess.
Peter Frampton: "Homer Simpson wrecks my pig, Cypress Hill steals my orchestra.... and Sonic Youth is in my cooler! Get outta there you kids!"

Thurston Moore: "Come on Mr. Frampton... you're not gonna eat all that watermelon..."
Quote by d a v e
The tubes are stock and I just feel like theres something more appropriate out there. Im always trying to sound better i guess.

Then definitely don't change them, you might make it worse than it is now.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven

Hmmmm thats an interesting view

Quote by The^Unforgiven
or if he changed them he could make them much better...
Quote by The_Bosstone
or if he changed them he could make them much better...

Well yeah, but if there's nothing really wrong with them to begin with...
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
What brand are in it now?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Also Ive already decided, if I replace them, Id get a tech to do it for me.

Quote by MatrixClaw
What brand are in it now?

the stock tubes are : 4 x EL84/6BQ5 --- 3 x 12AX7/ECC83 --- 1 x GZ34

Quote by d a v e
the stock tubes are : 4 x EL84/6BQ5 --- 3 x 12AX7/ECC83 --- 1 x GZ34

Not the type of tube, the brand. I know what type they take
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
sorry to ask this here, but im really interested to get into Shoegaze and i have no idea where to start. Rec me some bands please?
"We carry death out of the village!"
ahah ah ok im quite sure theyre sovtek tubes

Quote by Marskell
sorry to ask this here, but im really interested to get into Shoegaze and i have no idea where to start. Rec me some bands please?

My Bloody Valentine (a must!!!)
Slowdive
Ride
Lush

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Marskell
im really interested to get into Shoegaze and i have no idea where to start.

well that's easy!

grow out a terrible haircut

get some 2nd hand clotes out of a vintage shop

hang your head and play drones

walla! you're shoegazin' with the best of 'em!
thanks guys,

and err how about that dudes tubes... what is he gonna do?
"We carry death out of the village!"
Quote by Marskell
thanks guys,

and err how about that dudes tubes... what is he gonna do?

maybe he'll go make a sandwich?
well, my suggestion would be to throw in some 12AT7's in the preamp, maybe not in every position, I'd try one in V1 one and see how you like it. It should smooth out the amps preamp gain and give your AC30 a more unique sound. Then I'd go with either JJ or Tung-Sol EL84s for the power amp. The JJ's will be darker sounding and the Tung-Sol's will be brighter.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
well, my suggestion would be to throw in some 12AT7's in the preamp, maybe not in every position, I'd try one in V1 one and see how you like it. It should smooth out the amps preamp gain and give your AC30 a more unique sound. Then I'd go with either JJ or Tung-Sol EL84s for the power amp. The JJ's will be darker sounding and the Tung-Sol's will be brighter.

Thanks man I'll give that a try. And from what one guy said, it sounds like it would be pretty easy for me to try different things with this on my own.

JJ EL84's
NOS RFT 12AX7 for V1
JJ 12AX7's for the rest of the spots except for your reverb driver, for that one, toss in a JAN Philips 5751, to tame the reverb a bit.
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack
Thanks guys. Ive also been looking at that eurotubes.com and they have an ac30 tube kit that includes alot of the tubes youre talking about. I figure I could get that as well as a bunch of the other ones that have been said and just experiment with what I like best.