Heyo.

I'm getting sick of my Ibanez, mainly because of the neck which i find uncomfortable and decided i want something else. Here's a list of guitars i was looking at.. I was thinking 24 frets, but maybe if i go with a tele shape i'll get a 24 fret later on. I'll give you a storyline.

Schecter Hellraiser Fr - The store is in no way local, and they don't reply to my emails but they are known to be quiet a good shop. I was there earlier this year trying Schecters and really liked them, just didn't have money.

Jim Root Tele - Love the look of it, of course it isn't to cheap. I can't find any teles like it, so its kind of unique. I'll be willing to pay for it. Haven't tried it. Would be a good investment though.

Charvel San Dimas - Don't like how all their guitars have FRs, id prefer to have a fixed bridge on a tele.. Same price as the Hellraisers. Other than that, no problems. I guess for the same price i could get 2 extra frets.

I do have the money, and if necessary i can sell my ibanez later on to cover for other stuff i want, effects etc. I think that's all for now, i don't want to make you bored anymore than you already are.. Feel free to ask questions.
So what is the question? If you're looking at guitars to buy then I'd suggest you choose what type of bridge you'd get over the general body shape imo. I mean shape is still important when you look at like comfort factor and stuff but the bridge does play a big part of playability and such with regards to the guitar.
The question is which one would be best.

The hellraiser also comes fixed. I just don't want to pay an extra $300 if i'm only using the trem for a month or two until i get sick of using it.

Id like to have a locking bridge, but if i don't use it i could just get a fixed bridge which holds it tune good as well, and i don't have to get used of adjusting, tightening etc. So far i'm 50/50 on fixed or FR..

I really like the shape of the tele, but the JRT is the only one i like fixed, and i think teles look good with a fixed bridge.. In other words i only like trems on superstrats. Schecter has a tele guitar that i like, but its not in Aus.

Quote by Banana Wedgie
In what way is your Ibanez uncomfortable?

The neck is too thin, i just don't like it.
Well if you are going to be changing tunings alot on this next guitar then stick with a hard tail. If you want to experiment then it's a bit hard with the prices to buy a cheap guitar with a decent floyd rose but tbh unless you really know you want one they can be a pain in the ass. I guess if you can find the JRT and try it and love it then you should buy it mate.
Thanks for your opinion bud.

That's why i want another guitar, because i want to get rid of my ibanez anyways. And the plan was to get a FR and later a hard tail.. But i don't know if i want to put up with a Floyd, its like i just want one for the sounds but i don't want to admit to it.

I mean the JRT is a beautiful guitar, but its fairly expensive too.. The cheapest i found was $1800, but i don't know if it was a special. The majority cost $2500
Hahah **** that's cheap really. Aren't the American Standards going for around the $2K RRP nowadays?
Actually most of my stuff is within that price range. But yeah I was just saying how the price of the JRT is pretty much similar to an American Standard Tele.
It kind of sounds like you just want a new guitar because you're bored, clearly you're going to have to figure out what you want, maybe try selling the RG and buying something cheaper in another brand to see if you like the feel before you spend $1500 on something you may or may not like.
Quote by potatohead_33
It kind of sounds like you just want a new guitar because you're bored, clearly you're going to have to figure out what you want, maybe try selling the RG and buying something cheaper in another brand to see if you like the feel before you spend $1500 on something you may or may not like.

Not bored, just sick of playing uncomfortably. I like the feel of schecters, which is why its in the list. Either way, the RG will disappear at some point to provide additional funds for the future.