Currently guys I have a epiphone valve junior playing through a 1x12 cab. I have a few questions for you guys. Im going to be playing in the basement and wont be gigging with it.

First of I play classic rock mainly I want British voiced amps (trower, hendrix, zep etc. I've been looking around and I've decided there are a few things I'm gonna do.

1. Buy a cab, but im not sure if I should buy a 4x12 or 2x12

2. The amp I have is 5 watt's and I have NEVER cranked it because it gets too loud in my apartment. But I'm gonna be getting a new basement where I can play and Id like to be able to dime the amp to get the full tube saturation.

I was looking into the
a.) Ceriatone 18 watt TMB
b.) Bugera 1960
c.) Black Heart 15H

Do I have to buy an Attenuator to be able to saturate my amp and get those overdriven tones or buy an OD pedal?

Is 18 watts too loud for a regular basement to be cranked up?
If you got the 1960 which seems awesome you could pull 2 tubes making it 50 or 60 watts? (someone correct me if im wrong) but even 60 watts of tube amp is way to much to crank in a basement or house. I cant help you on the other 2 as I haven't tried them but I'v heard good things of the blackheart.
Ceriatone 18-watter.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I play in my basement, my 30 watter is WAY too loud cranked up. It leaves my ears ringing for a while. The Bugera will deafen you unless your basement has 15 foot ceilings. Get the Ceriatone or the blackheart.
Maybe you should just mod the VJ?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Not really. The main point of Attenuating is so that you keep tone at low volume. It won't e exactly the same, of course, because you're simply getting sound waves of different amplitudes, which you ear responds to differently. With s good attenuator, though, you should keepthe tone pretty close to what it would be cranked.