I've been playing guitar for about 6 months, i have a lot of free time to practice so i would say im quite good at it now (beginner-intermediate). i want to experiment to see what kind of stuff i want to play but i feel that my gear is holding me back - i have an Ibanez GIO, a Laney HCM amp (for those of you unfamiliar with this amp it only has a crunch setting knob, 3 EQ knobs and master volume.) and a Behringer
OD-400 over drive pedal. I'm a complete novice when it comes to FX and I can't seem to get a very good sound or tone from it but i would like to play lead rock/classic rock and also like to play a bit of funk. Im happy with the guitar itself but could anyone recommend me a better practice amp and/or some better pedals (or possibly a multi FX pedal?) i can spend around £100 on each.

Thanks
itl be hard finding something decent for 100. try a marshall MG15 for the amp and dont go back to behringer for effects, try boss or digitech.
How about you get an amp sim for now?
Write something here, I must. Hmmmmmmm.
Quote by yodaiam
How about you get an amp sim for now?

What do you think of a line 6 pod type thing I've been looking at them but there's so
many different ones I just end up confused.