Hey guys.

I'm soon to get into gigging and im going to need loads of new stuff cause my stuff at home just wont cut it.

At the moment ive got a Line 6 spider and a Boss ME-50

I'm definately going to need a new amp and ive seen 3 im really interested but there very different.

I like the Bugera 333XL which ive heard has improved reliability now, the Peavey Valveking VK100 which im going to probably mod a bit (new OT,etc) and the one that stands out... The randall RM50/100 <<==Unsure on which i should get yet dont necessariliy need 3 channels anyother that would be a better choice?

Ive decided on getting a 2x12 for now and im getting a Harley benton G212v or a Marshall 1936 depending on which amp i get.

As for the Me-50 i dont know whether to upgrade this really but i only use the following effects:

Distortion (cause my spiders rubbish) *
Flanger
Phaser
Wah *
Delay *
Reverb (on the Bugera/Valveking) (*)
Noise Gate *

* i definatley need these effects because of my style of playing.

Can anyone help me decide on my rig?

EDIT: I play anything from BFMV to Maiden and Metallica, i play a lot of Metalcore and 80s which drew me to the Randall.

Sorry for huge wall of text
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
First of sell the spider, and if you use all those FX I would suggest you keep the ME-50 and throw it in the fx loop of the new amp.
Bugera is unbeateble for that price, with a good cab it will sound nice.
The harley benton is also unbeateble for the price.
you will have a nice rig that can cover all the bands you listed and much much more.
Quote by henis
First of sell the spider, and if you use all those FX I would suggest you keep the ME-50 and throw it in the fx loop of the new amp.
Bugera is unbeateble for that price, with a good cab it will sound nice.
The harley benton is also unbeateble for the price.
you will have a nice rig that can cover all the bands you listed and much much more.

I know im going to have to sell the spider. And im going to keep the ME-50 for now but im going to have to replace it eventually because its OD/TS distortion isnt the best think ever.

What ODs/Wahs/Delays/Noise Gates are good and would be useful for me. i might only need the OD and the wah for now because then ill still have a Volume Pedal, Flanger and Phaser to use in my fx loop and then get the decent pedals that i use a lot more.

I was wondering about a Crybaby of some sort like Dimes or a original? As for distortion i want a decent sort of boost for solos like maybe a bad monkey (cheap again yet good) or an actuall TS808.

Can anyone get me started on what i could use for a pedal board?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
The Boss SD-1 is really good and cheap.

comparable to a TS808/Bad Monkey?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
OK so thats sorted getting a BM/TS808/OD808 for a OD

What wahs could i look into for my rig?
I like the look of the Signature Wahs by Dunlop because theyve got the settings on them and arent just normal expression pedals. How does the Dime/Kirk/Slash Wahs compare with eachother and the original crybaby?

Does anyone have any other views on which of the amps i should get in the first post and I would like some reasons not just "get this its good" cos i would like to be able to compare them (youtube doesnt seem to have many decent randall clipz)
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by riflesndaisies
OK so thats sorted getting a BM/TS808/OD808 for a OD

What wahs could i look into for my rig?
I like the look of the Signature Wahs by Dunlop because theyve got the settings on them and arent just normal expression pedals. How does the Dime/Kirk/Slash Wahs compare with eachother and the original crybaby?

Does anyone have any other views on which of the amps i should get in the first post and I would like some reasons not just "get this its good" cos i would like to be able to compare them (youtube doesnt seem to have many decent randall clipz)

Since u are playing metal I suggest the Dime/Mark Tremonti/Kirk wah. Dont get the Original crybaby, its sucks ur tone and the sweep is bad.

Go to the Wah thread for more info.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572372

dunno about the amps, srry.
Quote by holycow
Since u are playing metal I suggest the Dime/Mark Tremonti/Kirk wah. Dont get the Original crybaby, its sucks ur tone and the sweep is bad.

Go to the Wah thread for more info.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572372

dunno about the amps, srry.

Thanks a lot man.

Thats the OD and a Crybaby from hell that sounds awesome.
What amp should i now get then out of those 3 or a completly different one?

Any other pedals when i decide to finally get rid of the ME-50?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
dont forget the other bugeras like the 6262/6260, 1990

the bugera are actually clones of other amps so

333xl - peavey JSX
6260/6262 - peavey 6505,6505+
1990 - marshall JCM 900

so u decide if u want a American sound or a British sound.

BFMV - American sound (Peavey 5150, 6505)
Iron Maiden - British sound ( Marshalls)
Metallica - American and British sound ( Mesa Boogies and Marshalls)

whats ur budget anyway? also can u buy used? cause u can get good amps for pretty cheap like Peavey 5150 for $500-700 i think and Marshall JCM 900s for $700-900.

pedals, hmmm

delay - digitech hardwire dl-8 , if u want something cheaper a boss dd-3 is good too
chorus - digitech cr-7 if u can or a boss ce-5
noise gate - ISP decimater
phaser - mxr m-101 phase 90

u could get a Visual sound H20 pedal which is a Chorus and Delay in one pedal.
Last edited by holycow at Dec 12, 2009,
First off, buy the Bugera. You have 2 reasonable options - 6262 and 333xl. Same gain, but the 333xl is much smoother. Plus they have a really good clean channel if you ever need it, and if you don't they're still cheaper than the Peavey stuff. Second, consider the weeping demon (I tend to plug any gear I have, so take my advice on this pedal with a grain of salt.) It's one of the most customizable wahs out there.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
First off, buy the Bugera. You have 2 reasonable options - 6262 and 333xl. Same gain, but the 333xl is much smoother. Plus they have a really good clean channel if you ever need it, and if you don't they're still cheaper than the Peavey stuff. Second, consider the weeping demon (I tend to plug any gear I have, so take my advice on this pedal with a grain of salt.) It's one of the most customizable wahs out there.

OK thanks a lot man ill go for the Bugera because it seems to have the most credability out of the 3 i wanted.

Ill also have a look at the weeping demon. Whos it made by?

Finally ive heard that some ODs work better with specific amps like the BM works great with a Valveking and a tube OD will sound great with pretty much any tube amp and compliments it wonderfully. Will a certain OD sound better with the Bugera than any other?

Finally i need a wah that can handle high gain distotion but wont sound horrible on clean either like the weeping demon and the Crybaby from hell that have both been recomended here.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Last edited by riflesndaisies at Dec 13, 2009,
Quote by riflesndaisies
OK thanks a lot man ill go for the Bugera because it seems to have the most credability out of the 3 i wanted.

Ill also have a look at the weeping demon. Whos it made by?

Finally ive heard that some ODs work better with specific amps like the BM works great with a Valveking and a tube OD will sound great with pretty much any tube amp and compliments it wonderfully. Will a certain OD sound better with the Bugera than any other?

Finally i need a wah that can handle high gain distotion but wont sound horrible on clean either like the weeping demon and the Crybaby from hell that have both been recomended here.

The Weeping Demon is made by Ibanez. I own one and it's pretty decent and versatile. HOWEVER for me it had reliability issues and there is no warranty for it.

What is your budgets for amps?
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
The Weeping Demon is made by Ibanez. I own one and it's pretty decent and versatile. HOWEVER for me it had reliability issues and there is no warranty for it.

What is your budgets for amps?

I havent really got a budget because this is just a plan of what i need to get but i dont want to go over board. Below is a rough plan of what i expect it'll be like.

Eventually ive found out my rig so far will cash in at about £900 for the

Bugera 333XL : £420
HB G212V : £150
Wah : £160 approx depending on the wah
OD: £110 Max
speaker Cables and what-not: £100

This is only my starting rig, after that im going to get a 4x12 and create a 3/4 stack just cos it'll project my sound further and im going to get my guitars upgraded or swapped. Im thinking of new pickups on my V and a new ibanez
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by riflesndaisies
I havent really got a budget because this is just a plan of what i need to get but i dont want to go over board. Below is a rough plan of what i expect it'll be like.

Eventually ive found out my rig so far will cash in at about £900 for the

Bugera 333XL : £420
HB G212V : £150
Wah : £160 approx depending on the wah
OD: £110 Max
speaker Cables and what-not: £100

That looks good to me. My recommendations:

Wah:

Ibanez Weeping Demon....it's great for high-gain stuff but lack of warranty scares me. Also there is a 'cutoff' sound whenever you engage the wah. But hey, I got it for like...54 pounds (680 HKD) brand new so I can't complain. Very customizable (probably the most customizable wah there is).

Fulltone Clyde....heard great things about it but it's expensive.

Morley Bad Horsie

Kirk Crybaby....clips sounded great

ODs:

Maxon OD808...tried one...sounded great for a boost.

Fulltone OCD...also tried one and I think it's great on the clean channel. A bit pricey though.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Like the Kirk and Vai wahs alot, have to check out those WDs though for problems.

As you say for ODs fulltone is pricey but i'll have a look over at the gear for metal thread

EDIT: Cant find the Fulltone in the UK for some reason
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50