I don't hear any sweeping in there.

mind you i'm listening to the original.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
There's no sweeping in that song at all. 99% of the solo is on the B and high e strings.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
There's no sweeping in that song at all. 99% of the solo is on the B and high e strings.

Two string sweeps?
You can "sweep" the first part of the solo which repeats itself later again, but it would probably be considered economy picking since its only two strings.
Quote by The_Toki
Two string sweeps?

That's just economy picking. And I'd just alt. pick it all. It's the same basic pattern over and over again.

s  s  t  t  s  s  t  t  s  s  t  t  s  s  t  t  s  s  t  t  s
e|----14h17p14----14h17p14----14h17p14----14h17p14----14h17p14----
B|-15----------15----------15----------15----------15----------15-
G|----------------------------------------------------------------
D|----------------------------------------------------------------
A|----------------------------------------------------------------
E|----------------------------------------------------------------

s=sixteenth note
t=thirty-second note
If you can alt. pick that at 120 bpm, you can do the entire solo without the slightest difficulty. All that happens for the first 10 seconds or so of the solo is it goes from playing D, F#, and A to E, G, and B and then to F#, A, and C#, and then down to B, D, and F#. It's just a D major scale.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.