When we play live gigs i usually play a short solo before one song that we always do. I was thinking it would be a good idea to make a short guitar battle with the other guitarist. What do you thik, would the crowd enjoy it if it didnt drag on for long, maybe like minute or so? And then out of the solos we suddenly jump into the song? Im guesing it would be pretty cool, but what if it would be more fun for me than for the crowd? Oh, and any ideas for any other stage antics would be apreciated.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Thats great, they couldn't care how long it goes on as long as its not shit.
Bands I've Seen

Robert Randolph and The Family Band
Eric Clapton
Letz Zep
Arc Angels
Eric Clapton (At the Royal Albert Hall ;D)
Joe Bonamassa
Eric Clapton & Jeff Beck (at the O2 arena ;D)
The Bootleg Beatles
I always enjoy them when they're played well, do like a question and answer thing for 15 secs and then start 'battling' but seriously you've gotta make sure it's awesome and yeah not too long, Id recommend the final part to be harmonised between both of you and then jump into the song.

When I play live I tend to be as ridiculous as possible like on my knees and playing with my teeth etc just because I can. But im not in a very serious band and we tend to play small charity sets so I do it for the entertainment factor and to keep the crowd happy and entertained, not sure how well it would go down for a full gig.

Generally keeping eye contact with the audience and just getting into the music will be a good live show, but remember to keep it tight and not lose focus on the music
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by gorkyporky
When we play live gigs i usually play a short solo before one song that we always do. I was thinking it would be a good idea to make a short guitar battle with the other guitarist. What do you thik, would the crowd enjoy it if it didnt drag on for long, maybe like minute or so? And then out of the solos we suddenly jump into the song? Im guesing it would be pretty cool, but what if it would be more fun for me than for the crowd? Oh, and any ideas for any other stage antics would be apreciated.
You mean like a challenge? Where one guitarist plays an improvised lick, then the other copies it. Perhaps with some improv of his own? And they toss it back and forth?

Yeah, those can be fun.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I would say do the guitar battle during a song. My band did that for the solo of Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria and it went over great with the crowd. Everyone was talking about it afterward
I hate my sig