I recently got a Sonuus Guitar to Midi converter and really like the possibilities it has opened up, I ran it through my PC to control synth sounds on Reason software and it's very interesting to work with, though the limitations of only being monophonic/not being able to play chords and the sensitivity of how it works does leave some limits.

Anyway, I am now really interested in getting a Roland Guitar synth pickup installed on one of my guitars, I used one quite some time ago a friend had and thought it was amazing, I just had a couple questions about how compatible they are with other devices...

Basically, I am wondering if there is a way to use the roland synth pickup to midi somehow without having to use the Roland GR20 ... I really have no need for the Roland pedal as I would much prefer to run straight to my PC to control my software synths and sound banks I have there, or into a synthesizer etc. - If I understand right the roland pickup has a 13 pin connector, and isnt a midi connector...

So basically I would like to know what options there are to connect one of these pickups to midi, if I have to use something like the Roland GR33, or V-guitar System JUST to be able to run the midi to my pc, I am wondering what the cheapest alternative is to use as I can get any sound bank I could possibly need already with my PC.

Also, if anyone knows of some other type of guitar to midi possibilities that works polyphonic perhaps by a different brand, that would be great to look into .