Can anybody recomend a set of good speakers or good headphones for under £120? The speakers will be for my computer and the headphones for my computer or to play my amp through.

Thanks
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Quote by Myfirstpubes
I heard skull candy head phones are good

Nope.

Sennheisers, Beyerdynamics, Bose (dunno if you can get em for that price though) are all good.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Dec 12, 2009,
I like Sony ones myself, and Sennhiesers are top of the range but pretty expensive.
Skullcandy are a waste of money in my opinion, they are waay too expensive for their sound quality, you are just paying for the looks.
Quote by Slicer666
Go troll another thread.

Sennheisers, Beyerdynamics, Bose (dunno if you can get em for that price though) are all good.

I was being serious.

Pardon me for trying to help
I love my skullcandy skullcrushers. they have SUBWOOFERS in em. epic bass.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Myfirstpubes
I was being serious.

Pardon me for trying to help

Oh well, guess I can't blame you for being misinformed.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Sennheisers have a great sound until they BREAK GODDAMNIT... I'm on my third pair, and although they still sound nice, they only work when the cable is jiggered about and held in place.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by sg255
Sennheisers have a great sound until they BREAK GODDAMNIT... I'm on my third pair, and although they still sound nice, they only work when the cable is jiggered about and held in place.

which is why you keep the receipt, and shove the 2 year warranty down their throats
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
If you're looking for good speakers for your computer, I'd recommend the M-Audio Studiophile AV range. The AV-40s are the best, cause they have A/B circuitry in them, but they're having lots of distribution problems with them at the moment, so the AV-30s are also a good bet - they're active monitors, so they don't have any internal eq or sound shaping at all, just the mix that was recorded in the studio. That may not be what you want, but I love mine
Ceci n'est pas une signature
thanks everybody for your help. Are there any particular models of bose or Sennheisers that you would reccomend or steer clear of or just any model?
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Quote by slogankid1
thanks everybody for your help. Are there any particular models of bose or Sennheisers that you would reccomend or steer clear of or just any model?

Well bose has only a few models which are awesome but you're paying a price for that, a very hefty one for that matter.

Sennheiser wise.... phew well it depends on what you want in the headphones (bassy, flat eq, etc etc)
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
which is why you keep the receipt, and shove the 2 year warranty down their throats

I DITCHED THE RECEIPT THE DAY BEFORE THEY BROKE
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Try to get some headphones with active-noise-cancelling in them, because it rocks!

I think you can get that for 120 £, but then you won't really have alot for the speakers if they are in that budget too.

I for instance got Jabra c820s, which go for around 900 kroner in Denmark, which is around 170 $ or so... or a little over 100 £ if I'm not mistaken, different currency is not my strongest side...
Gear:
Buffet E13 Clarinet in Bb.
Canon 40D, Sigma 35 mm f/1.4 Art, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 L IS USM macro, Tamron 17-50 2.8, 50 mm 1.8.
Flickr