Page 1 of 3
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'm not.

However, someone may be buying my Les Paul from me, which would give me the money to order myself a nice Christmas present - a Carvin SH550.

I dont make my parents buy me expensive things for Christmas. I was raised not to ask for expensive things. Id say at most I'll get $100 towards a car. Some kids get too much for free from their parents. Ive bought my own phone, all my own gear (excluding the alvarez, which was used by Grandpa, Ma, Older brother, than me), and Im trying to buy my own car.

/Mini Rant
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Dec 12, 2009,
Quote by VanTheKraut
I dont make my parents buy me expensive things for Christmas. I was raised not to ask for expensive things. Id say at most I'll get $100 towards a car. Some kids get too much for free from their parents. Ive bought my own phone, all my own gear, and Im trying to buy my own car.

/Rant

Quote by VanTheKraut
I dont make my parents buy me expensive things for Christmas. I was raised not to ask for expensive things. Id say at most I'll get $100 towards a car. Some kids get too much for free from their parents. Ive bought my own phone, all my own gear, and Im trying to buy my own car.

/Rant

And all those kids tha have parents buy them everything always bitch about the stuff they have. Parents should not do that for their kids, it gives them no respect for what they have or the value of the dollar.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
My parents are putting a bit of money towards my Carvin.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Quote by VanTheKraut
I dont make my parents buy me expensive things for Christmas. I was raised not to ask for expensive things. Id say at most I'll get $100 towards a car. Some kids get too much for free from their parents. Ive bought my own phone, all my own gear (excluding the alvarez, which was used by Grandpa, Ma, Older brother, than me), and Im trying to buy my own car.

/Mini Rant
I've paid for nearly all of my gear. This is the only major thing my parents have ever bought for me, guitarwise.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by VanTheKraut

/Mini Rant

Exactly the same here.

Though since my dad is unemployed I don't we'll be doing much for christmas.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
I've bought all the gear that you use mainly. I sometimes borrow my dad's gear to just try out, but very rarely, as he does not want me touching his very rare guitars that go for $5000 at least per guitar.

My Gibson Les Paul, Marshall Bluesbreaker and Ibanez Jemini was all bought by me, with money that I earned working for multiple summers.
This is partly because my parents do NOT want to spoil me (I understand that), and because we frankly do not have enough money. My dad said that he was actually really surprised at how I've grown as a guitar player and if he had the money, he would support me.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Last edited by Junnage at Dec 12, 2009,
Yeah I've purchased ALL of my own gear, and somehow my little brother is getting a Gibson Les Paul for Christmas. Amazing what a few years difference does for parents' favor of their children. Little fukker.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

But it won't be here 'till February or so coz it's a custom order :-(
Schecter 007 Elite...freakin' sexy guitar...

13 more days...13 MORE DAYS.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Junnage
I've bought all the gear that you use mainly. I sometimes borrow my dad's gear to just try out, but very rarely, as he does not want me touching his very rare guitars that go for $5000 at least per guitar.

My Gibson Les Paul, Marshall Bluesbreaker and Ibanez Jemini was all bought by me, with money that I earned working for multiple summers.
This is partly because my parents do NOT want to spoil me (I understand that), and because we frankly do not have enough money. My dad said that he was actually really surprised at how I've grown as a guitar player and if he had the money, he would support me.

What job were you working? Thats close to about $5000 in gear and your my age.

EDIT: On topic, I'm not getting any new gear for Christmas. I'm just saving all the money I get for clothes and a new amp.
Last edited by schecter ftw at Dec 12, 2009,
All the people talking about how they aren't spoiled or whatever, we get the point. Don't post in the thread then, alright?

But yeah I'm not getting anything over $100 for Christmas either, hypocritical right?
Quote by schecter ftw
What job were you working? Thats close to about $5000 in gear and your my age.

EDIT: On topic, I'm not getting any new gear for Christmas. I'm just saving all the money I get for clothes and a new amp.

You can easily make 5,000 in little over a summer working min wage. 8 x 40 x 12 = 3,640.
Quote by VanTheKraut

/Mini Rant

Same here, the biggest gift I'll be getting is probably going to be a set of nice headphones.

Anyway, as said above, the main two things I know about are a set of Sennheiser HD-280's, and a set of harmonicas. Not sure what else though sadly.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Um, maybe some strings, cables, and other misc. stuff. Chances are my next guitar purchase is going to be over $1,000 USD and there isn't a chance in hell that my parents will buy it. Like 10 other people above, Everything I have I bought myself.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Wish my parents would by me a guitar. Bought all of my shit out of my own pocket. kinda sucks knowing my parents are really wealthy, but thats what you get when you get caught smoking refior =)
My Gear:

PRS Se Custom 24
Vox Vt 30
Esp Ltd C-301 Bass
Acoustic B100 Bass Amp
Morley Power Wah Bass Pedal
I have a Carvin CT6T coming in the mail soon enough =) going to be lovely. Combination Christmas/18th birthday present.

I wouldn't say I'm spoiled. I've learned well the value of money, and I'm not just going to make waste of what I have. I have a job, regardless of needing it, and once I hit 18 I'll be investing every dime to my name. Work hard in life, and good things will come your way.
Like so many have said in this thread, I paid for all my gear out of my own pocket, and considering I've been independent for almost a year and a half, I'm not getting a new guitar for Christmas. At most I'll get a good Christmas dinner at my parent's house and a Philly blunt with a few drinks afterwards.

Oh, and try to be a bit more PC: it's Christmahannukwanzikah.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Dec 12, 2009,
i took advantage of the sale at warmoth and ordered myself a custom telecaster! lake placid blue telecaster deluxe. so excited. should be here around the beginning of january.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
wait, isn't it hanukkah, not hannukah?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by VanTheKraut

/Mini Rant

Good for you along with everyone else.
Bought myself an RG1570, should be here wednesday
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I will have to wait til after Christmas to get a guitar...a Jackson DXMG
Quote by The_Rooster
Dude its a guitar, not an nuclear weapon...... unless your Chuck Norris.

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
I *may* get a Vox Valvetronix combo.

I always feel like a greedy asshole when I ask for something over $50 for christmas...
My bday is right after Christmas, so I guess this belongs here.

I'm getting an Epiphone Sheraton II - well, I've already got it, I was given it early because we're leaving for a holiday the day after my bday and I'm supposed to make sure there aren't any problems with the guitar.

inb4 rich bastard: it's my 18th, it's a special day, I never actually asked for a guitar but my mum insisted I get something that I can look back on and say "hey, I got that for my 18th birthday", I didn't ask for a full-blown Gibson ES-335, and I do know the value of a dollar - the strat, amp and effects in my sig were the results of a years work at Maccas.
gots me a greg bennett acoustic today for $25 for a christmas present from my brother
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Quote by VanTheKraut

/Mini Rant

i get whatever i want from my parents. they never buy me enough though.
i think i'll ask for another gibson std+. ive got a flower sticker i;m dying to put on it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Getting some money to put towards an amp, though I desperately need strings and picks ATM, so thats probably where most of it will be going lol

Quote by kenan6346
My bday is right after Christmas, so I guess this belongs here.

I'm getting an Epiphone Sheraton II - well, I've already got it, I was given it early because we're leaving for a holiday the day after my bday and I'm supposed to make sure there aren't any problems with the guitar.

inb4 rich bastard: it's my 18th, it's a special day, I never actually asked for a guitar but my mum insisted I get something that I can look back on and say "hey, I got that for my 18th birthday", I didn't ask for a full-blown Gibson ES-335, and I do know the value of a dollar - the strat, amp and effects in my sig were the results of a years work at Maccas.

Rich bastard, I'm not getting jack shit for my 18th in February
Quote by jj1565
i think i'll ask for another gibson std+. ive got a flower sticker i;m dying to put on it.

Jenny, you silly silly person

Yeah, I think I'm getting Sonar 7 and Revalver from my aunt, too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I think this Christmas I probably will not get a guitar but that could change. I made some suggestions to the GF but she seems to think I have too many guitars at the time.

John
Quote by oneblackened
Jenny, you silly silly person

Yeah, I think I'm getting Sonar 7 and Revalver from my aunt, too.

yeah i'm just messing wt the fella wt a chip on his shoulder.

a bunch of people are self made. they dont all feel the need to rant about it.

anti-spam: i got a tc harmony g pedal this year yay!
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Zakk Wylde Crybaby.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
I've bought all of my gear. It isn't easy, but you learn to take better care of it. I may be getting a theory book but that would be it guitar wise.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
Quote by jj1565

STD oh that was cruel.

Anyway not getting anything this year so yeah.
Page 1 of 3